• Register Today It's free!

Back Bumper??

sportytrac05

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Sport Trac XLT
my back bumper has faded a lot. i tried painting it, but the bumper paint keeps coming off. it's also sagging on one side. any recommendations on painting and realignment?
or should i just wait for someone to run into me?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did paint my sides and front back bumpers and yes the paint fall off pretty easy even with you nail so frustrating, IT DID LOOCK AWESOME WHEN CAME OUT FROM THE SHOP NOW I CAN SEE SOME AREAS THAT IT PEAL OFF SUCKS

Sometime last week another person asked pretty much the same question about the fading except about the bottom panels which are the exact same time of plastic as the bumper and according to ncranchero, use a heat gun. It will bring back the color (not sure how it works but it does). As far as a way to align it, not so sure. It probably isnt very hard since there are like 4 brackets that hold it on. Plus a replacement bumper will run ya about 800 (luckly I didnt have to pay for that one ;))

You can adjust the bumper. My frame is a little bent on both sides in the back due to being rear ended. I loosened a few bolts, moved the bumper to where its supposed to be and now it looks fine. Maybe one day I'll get the frame fixed if someone rear ends me, the previous owner didn't bother fixing it but I will make sure its done because I would like to mount a hitch at some point.

Heat gun WILL bring the original color back. But, once you've painted it that's that. Opinions are that Krylon is the best plastic paint, IDK.

Back