Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Back from the dead

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Black_Ac_Gsr, June 16, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Black_Ac_Gsr

Black_Ac_Gsr New Member

City, State:
      Up north
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      Hey all just wanted to introduce myself. I was a first gen 91 exploreer owner got many good years and lots of hard work out of it untill harsh Canadian salt and rust filled winters did the chasis in. I now find myself a owner of a 02 exporer and want to push it to its limits and potential. 4.0 v6 and yes I bought it with "the Knock" Planning on getting on the timming chain tensioner problem asap. Please all iv'e read is more bad then good about these auto trannys and I figured I would seek opinions from the guys who love and have knowledge on making this setup work to its full potential. I don't fell like replacing trannys and timming chain tensioners evry other year. Please share with me your stories and reliability that your 3rd gen has brought you. I need reasurance that my purchase was a solid one and not a mistake.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    4. 1AJeremyD

1AJeremyD Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Mass
      95 XLT 4.0
      Welcome to the forum! There is plenty of good stories about the vehicle but I am saddened to say that the transmission has never been one of them. Hopefully this new truck will be one of the gems and will bring you many happy miles.

5. Glen4X4

Glen4X4 Explorer Addict

City, State:
      Lewistown, Pa
      2000 XLS
      Welcome To The Forum.....You have an 02 which is you know the 1st year of the 3rd gen and some have problem after problem with them and some just have the routine maintenance. Hopefully the truck will treat ya good.