Back from the dead | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back from the dead

Black_Ac_Gsr

Reaction score
City, State
Up north
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey all just wanted to introduce myself. I was a first gen 91 exploreer owner got many good years and lots of hard work out of it untill harsh Canadian salt and rust filled winters did the chasis in. I now find myself a owner of a 02 exporer and want to push it to its limits and potential. 4.0 v6 and yes I bought it with "the Knock" Planning on getting on the timming chain tensioner problem asap. Please all iv'e read is more bad then good about these auto trannys and I figured I would seek opinions from the guys who love and have knowledge on making this setup work to its full potential. I don't fell like replacing trannys and timming chain tensioners evry other year. Please share with me your stories and reliability that your 3rd gen has brought you. I need reasurance that my purchase was a solid one and not a mistake.

Welcome to the forum! There is plenty of good stories about the vehicle but I am saddened to say that the transmission has never been one of them. Hopefully this new truck will be one of the gems and will bring you many happy miles.

Welcome To The Forum.....You have an 02 which is you know the 1st year of the 3rd gen and some have problem after problem with them and some just have the routine maintenance. Hopefully the truck will treat ya good.

Back