1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Back in a Ford Explorer after years away!

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by mattadams, August 31, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. mattadams

mattadams Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Longmont, CO
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2017 Explorer Sport
    Doubt most folks around here even remember me anymore... but used to be quite active in the early days of the forum when I had a lifted 94 Explorer with all kinds of lights on it. I used to be moderator of the performance lighting forum, and I've been moderator of the escape forum for several years, but that forum doesn't get much activity here, but still kept me popping in from time to time. Otherwise, I've been fairly dormant. I've had a Ford Escape since 2011 or so, and it was just stock and had no major problems.
    Thursday I flew out to Ohio and picked up a 2017 Ford Explorer Sport and drove it back to Colorado Thursday and Friday. We're finally back home!
    Not a whole lot in the way of plans to modify it... specifically tried to find an explorer with most everything I wanted so I wouldn't HAVE to modify anything. Planning on some weathertech floormats, other than that, not much!
    So far the only problem I've found with the explorer is that locking the front door my touching hte handle seems to work intermittently at best... not sure if that's a common problem, but not a major deal. I did figure out how to get my keypad code (the dealer I bought it from wasn't a ford dealer and couldn't seem to figure out how to do it) and one of the keys is damaged and held together by tape, but I was originally told it only had one key, so I'm not too upset over that. Will likely have to replace it soon, but was planning on that expense...
    IMG_4205.jpeg IMG_4193.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario area
    2020 Aviator Reserve II
    Callsign:
    VE3
    Welcome back Matt and welcome to the 5th gen Forum.:wave:

Peter

4. SBK_

SBK_ New Member

City, State:
    San Jose, CA
    2018 Base Explorer
    Once Explorer, Always Explorer !

5. bigtexan99

bigtexan99 Active Member

2016 Explorer Sport
    Excellent choice!

If you have 2 working keys, you can buy spares on ebay pretty cheap and program them yourself.

6. mattadams

mattadams Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Longmont, CO
    2017 Explorer Sport
    Thanks, I'd looked into that! I'd heard different things about whether keys could be programmed, but for what I imagine the dealer will charge me for it, it is probably worth it to at least try...