1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Back up alarm

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by Dave Austin, December 18, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. Dave Austin

Dave Austin New Member

City, State:
    Hinsdale, NH
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2003 Limited V8
    Sorry i couldn't find where to post this. When in park my backup alarm has no light on but when I shift to reverse the light comes on and the alarm says off. I would think the alarm would be on if the light was on.
    Anyway, I have only had the vehicle ( 2003 Explorer Limited V8) a very short time but I thought I remembered the alarm working when i first got it. I have had a Kenwood receiver with a backup camera installed since purchase, could this installation be the reason alarm is not working now?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. 03Explo20

03Explo20 Active Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2003 Explorer XLT
    I think you may have a bad sensor in the bumper or, like you said, the receiver install could have something to do with it.

If it is a sensor, you can get a whole set on eBay for about $30 and just change them all out.