• Register Today It's free!

Back with a 2011 XLT!

GregV8

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Wow.... when I sold my '04 Eddie Bauer back in 2008 I didn't think I'd be back to this forum someday... was I wrong!

Just picked up a brand new 2011 XLT in candy red! Options: 202A package and Navigation.
This thing is so incredible. Test drove a few other cars, including the BMW X5, but none of them felt as smooth, quiet and refined as the new Explorer.

My only gripes at the moment: P.I.A. MyFord Touch (even with 2.8), and the placement of dead pedal, I can't stretch my left leg.

x5cioj.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great combo. Mine is a twin without nav and with a moonroof.

Granted, I appear to be a "lucky one" with MFT....but I can not say enough good things about this explorer.

grats and couldn't agree more on the dead pedal. I am not tall by any mean just 5'10, but the dead pedal is definitely not located well to help you rest your left foot.

That's cool you've come back, looks like a nice car.

GregV8,

Congratulations on the new Explorer; that’s a beautiful vehicle! If you would like help with questions or if you run into any problems, please don’t hesitate to message me here! If you’re having issues with your MyFord Touch, we also have a SYNC Support team that is ready and willing to assist you (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3).

Cory

Back