backlight on headlight switch is out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

backlight on headlight switch is out

vjmetallo

Reaction score
City, State
rochester,ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 sport trac
Fellow st owners,first,thanks for the great tips and articles,i would like to say i just had the engine replaced in my st.it had 180000 and it looks like a chain casset gave up the ghost and took out a piston.i kept some chunks for old times sake.(obviosly it was the valve that did the damage)Now for my question,i noticed the headlight switch and the 4x4 switch backlights are out.Do the switches need replacing or can just the bulbs?Thanks for any replies!

You can replace just the bulbs they are simple to do. I used replacement bulbs from Radioshack 7219 bulb, Radio Shack part #272-1092 and comes in a pack of 2 bulbs. 12 volts, 60mA, they cost like a couple dollars.

bulbs

thanks for the bulb numbers , it did'nt look like those little bulbs could be replaced

Yeah they can be, the socket just twist in/out that holds the bulb in the switch. You remove the green cover off the old bulb and slip it on the new bulb, and put it back in.

Back