Backup Camera guidelines keep falling off after being restored with Forscan | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Backup Camera guidelines keep falling off after being restored with Forscan

duchee71

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi All

I have a 2012 Explorer XLT and I also noticed that one day the backup guidelines just disappeared. Reading through these threads and various youtube videos I saw that this could be easily restored with an OBD cable and laptop using the Forscan app. So I bought a cable and downloaded the app and the fix worked! However, the guidelines fell off again the following day. So I repeated the procedure and it worked again the lines came back. However the following day the lines were gone again. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Hi All

I have a 2012 Explorer XLT and I also noticed that one day the backup guidelines just disappeared. Reading through these threads and various youtube videos I saw that this could be easily restored with an OBD cable and laptop using the Forscan app. So I bought a cable and downloaded the app and the fix worked! However, the guidelines fell off again the following day. So I repeated the procedure and it worked again the lines came back. However the following day the lines were gone again. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?
did you ever get an answer to this?

did you ever get an answer to this?
Welcome to the Forum Peter. :wave:
The member you quoted was last seen here on January 1, 2019, so likely isn't around any longer.
Is yours the original camera or did you replace it? It it is a replacement, it has to be programmed to the vehicle.

Peter

Back