Badlands 08 | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands 08

Come on peoples, only 2 weeks away.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well im gonna have to back out...starting a new job this tuesday, and ill be doing lots of training over the next few weeks. wish i could go, ive been dying to do a run, but between school endin and this new job it'll be a long time...

well im gonna have to back out...starting a new job this tuesday, and ill be doing lots of training over the next few weeks. wish i could go, ive been dying to do a run, but between school endin and this new job it'll be a long time...

:(

On the plus side, somehow something made me decide to slap the hitch back on the Lightning and grab a trailer from U-Haul and trailer the X. Only a week away! :D

So Aric, when are you planning on leaving/arriving.

I was going to meet up with you and 01slvrsport and head down. so whenever you guys are heading down.

do you have campground info? we are wheeling Saturday and Sunday right?

I was going to meet up with you and 01slvrsport and head down. so whenever you guys are heading down.

do you have campground info? we are wheeling Saturday and Sunday right?

Campground info is on a link on the Badlands site, i'd assume we just pay in the morning since we'll be getting there late. And yes i plan on wheeling Saturday and part of Sunday will prolly pack it up around midday and head home.

01slvrsport what time is your tournament?

Aric i just hope you realize we prolly won't be leaving untill like 9PM. I start a new class/course next monday (hyrdaulics :D) so i'll find out whats goin on for class Friday. If we aren't doing much i'll probably dip out around dinner time (5:45) so we might end up leaving somewhere around 7. Not much earlier but hey its something. This weekend i'll map out where everyone is comin from and try and find a central spot to meet up. You me and Bigman aren't a big deal as far as meeting up-wise but the TJ thats coming with is coming from Joilet.

I'm debating if i should call Friday morning and tell them we'll prolly be there late or this weekend. Because i still need a final headcount on how many of us will be arriving late Friday.

Still waiting for answers from these folks (come on i know you all want to go):
CodePoet
webmastercharli
IZwack
CougarX
kert0307
dman726749
MountaineerGreen

'97 V8 - You still coming?

cableguy - I take it we can count on you being there?

PS: It's not to late for anyone else to jump in!

JMan...I Just found out last that our first match is not until Sat Morn. I also found out it is double elimination. Now we could still get knocked out sat, but obviously we hope not. But in the event this happens, even if it is Sat nite, I WILL make the trek down there even if its only to go trail riding for the partial day on sunday. If we survive Sat, we will have matches on Sunday so that would take me off the list for attending the run, Ill keep you posted through out the weekend.

no sense in going down there by myself and waiting for people to arrive for a few hours. I'm cool with going down late.

Most likely, my dad is going to bring the trailer home for me, and then i will attach it to my truck and drive to palos hills and pick up my explorer from work. I can probably get on 294 somewhere around there and head south and meet you somewhere down there before we get on 41 or 47 or whatever it is.

Well thats a bummer. Yeah shoot me a text or something since i won't have computer access.

:confused: Thats alot of driving around. Why not just shove the X in the garage? I took off work Friday morning so me and Bigman will go get me a trailer and load the X up then while i'm off at school he'll load up the Bronco.

I think the mapquest way takes us to 294 then to 41. So that will work out well. No one is riding with you?

I hate to say it, but I won't be making it either:(

Combination of work issues and truck issues. I'm worried it wouldn't be able to make a trip that far, and don't want to push it. Plus, getting off work these days would be a betch.

Maybe a cliffs run this fall, depending on when I get the new explorer?:D

palos is in between my house and the way to the badlands, so it really isnt any extra driving. i have to come home after work to pack and pick up my co-pilot(g/f), then swoop by the shop and pick up the truck and meet up with you guys. i guess i'll be getting the trailer wednesday or thursday and i'll have the trailer loaded and ready to go. so i will only have to connect the hitch, harness, safety chains and go go go. :D

palos is in between my house and the way to the badlands, so it really isnt any extra driving. i have to come home after work to pack and pick up my co-pilot(g/f), then swoop by the shop and pick up the truck and meet up with you guys. i guess i'll be getting the trailer wednesday or thursday and i'll have the trailer loaded and ready to go. so i will only have to connect the hitch, harness, safety chains and go go go. :D

OH gotcha. Bigmans motor swap in his 250 is about halfway done. So it should be done in time. I still need to get my hitch on (can't find one of the nuts) and we still need to find trailers which is proving to be rather difficult. Found a place that rents them for $80 a day but i'd rather not spend $240 on a trailer.

Well, i don't know if anyone is following the weather or not but as of now they are calling for thunderstorms all weekend (according to weather.com). I for one don't want to drive 2 and a half hours to wheel in a storm. So as much as i hate to say it, if the forecast doesn't change i'll be backing out. (Supposed to be sunny here so maybe a last minute Cliffs run or something).

30% chance of isolated t-storms..... i bet it just ends up being cloudy and it might drizzle or something.

30% chance of isolated t-storms..... i bet it just ends up being cloudy and it might drizzle or something.

Yeah, i check it every morning at work so we'll see how it goes. Bigman doesn't think the 250 will be ready meaning he won't be coming and the guy with the TJ is sick and won't be coming...

this blows. lets just go to the cliffs then. if you have time today can you start a thread on gljt? otherwise i will when i get home tonight.

this blows. lets just go to the cliffs then. if you have time today can you start a thread on gljt? otherwise i will when i get home tonight.

OH boy talk about slick :confused: . Yah i just don't want to spend like $300+ on going to Badlands just to have it rain/storm yah know? Not to mention the temps supposed to be almost 90 and with rain that means high humidity... i can deal with heat but humidity kills.

A fall run to Badlands might be a better idea.

That'll give me time to buy a trailer i figure since i have it i may as well use the Lightning as a tow pig for now untill i can get my hands on a 250. I'm just going to keep an eye on craigslist to buy one.

"This blows" haha "Work blows, go wheeling"

Yup, i'm thinking about minispooling the X... Only thing is then if i go to a local spot i'd have to be careful on the street.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i drove my truck last time i went to the cliffs... and the mini spool really wasnt that bad on the street. it is definitely noticeable, and i wouldnt trust it for a DD. but for a twice a month thing i dont think it is bad. but i only have about 120 street miles on my mini-spool and about 5 off road miles. So i cant really vouch for it's long term/heavy use durability.

I can say it was super simple to install and so far it was the best $85 i spent on that truck.

Back