Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much is it for one day and i will b bringing a buddy along with me do we have to have a cb, flag, or anything else

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have to have a flag. A cb is not a requirement (Atleast I don't think it is) but it is a good idea to have. I think there is a post in this thread that tells what you should have and what you NEED to have.

hill_z24 said:
how much is it for one day and i will b bringing a buddy along with me do we have to have a cb, flag, or anything else

Go back one page i have posted the link to what you need to have. Also its 20 bucks for 1 day..thats the park fee.

mechanix said:
Thats too bad Taxx. I was checking the weather and it looks as of now to be a good weekend. Highs in the upper 80's and lows in the upper 60's. Bring a fan.

Yeah I am really not happy. Second trans in 2 weeks so that tells me there is something going on that I am missing. Gonna yank it tonight and tear into it and may have it rebuilt by tomorrow night but I still can't risk coming that far with it. I guess this will give me a chance to replace the wheel bearing on the 250 on friday instead. Sorry I know I was in and out and in again and this is the kicker that finishes it all and since I have to go out of town this weekend I think I better jsut fix the 250 on friday so I have something running for sure again. :mad:

Taxx, i wanted to show you my bronco was better! ;)

I'm adding one buddy who will be on a quad. I will HOPEFULLY be down there by 7-8pm friday night, if all goes as planned. Though it looks like i will be getting out of work a few hours early...

You can buy a flag there to put on your rig. You don't have to have a CB but it would be helpfull.

I have a guy coming tomorrow to take my tow rig (93 f-350) to his mechanic (to look it over) cause he wants to buy it. If he does I might not make it as early as I want to friday. I really don't want to drive it, but it is licenced and insured so if worse comes to worse, I can.

RFR2212 said:
Taxx, i wanted to show you my bronco was better! ;)

You win yours doesn't destroy trannies. There is still a 1% chance I could show up. I think it may just be this TCI torque convertor sinceboth trannies died the same way and that and the shift linkage is the only thing the same on them. I wanted to check your bronco out too pete. Maybe you'll bring it back over in July?

Depends all on money and how much damage i inflict Saturday. I've been incurring alot of debt to get the truck ready for this run, and may not have the money in a month as i really need to pay my credit cards down. We shal see... Also depends how much i get the itch to wheel more after this trip!

taxx said:
You win yours doesn't destroy trannies. There is still a 1% chance I could show up. I think it may just be this TCI torque convertor sinceboth trannies died the same way and that and the shift linkage is the only thing the same on them. I wanted to check your bronco out too pete. Maybe you'll bring it back over in July?

im glad to know that i can buy a flag there cause i still need to do that

I got my modified air box and hood scoop done last night -- have to do some tire and suspension work tonight. I'll be running the 'Sploder. The radius arm bushings are all shot, so I'll try to get them in.

It looks like my kiddo might be running his XJ also. He's got it on the wheels and will do the gears tonight. If it runs, it'll be there. He's now on full width Ford axles, 36s. about 8" lift.

RFR2212 said:
I've been incurring alot of debt to get the truck ready for this run,

hehe, the life of rebuilding a bronco.... :D

Looks like I have a good chance of being there with my rig. I also have a few items in the Forsale section that I could bring and save someone some shipping.
J

All of my passengers bailed on me. I have 3 open seats open to anyone..well to anyone not a freak! :lol: I will be ariving around 12pm Friday and leaving around 3pm Sunday.

Hope to see you all there.

I'll be there around 7pm tomorrow to set up camp also.

Eric....I have 2 friends looking for a place to ride.

Char and I are in Springfield IL. We'll should be in Attica by mid afternoon. :thumbsup:

glad I decided not to be there friday when the gates open. I'll be there Saturday morning.

Arnie897 said:
I'll be there around 7pm tomorrow to set up camp also.

Eric....I have 2 friends looking for a place to ride.

Sounds ok to me.

Well, lets hope I make it in some way shape or form. I've got the truck ready, but the power steering is not completely plumbed... My hydro line is too short and will be stopping in Danville to the shop that did my bronco work to have a new line cut. My worry is i've got no testing on this new setup. Lets hope it works. If not, i've got some potluck stuff and a wheel for a memeber that i will still deliver to attica. If no dice on the steering that's all i'll be doing and cutting my losses and heading home. SO, let really hope this new pump works correctly and i can get the bronco running again! ( yes i can remove the belt to the p/s pump to keep it from burning up, however, i then have manual brakes and I don't want to wheel like that... )

Back to packing...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not camping Saturday night so i'll be in the upper parking lot saturday morning. Blue crew cab pulling a red explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back