Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands Attica, Indiana June 16-18 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh do I ever miss it! Some day, another sport will rise again, just depends how long... :rolleyes: But threads like this and all the badlands fun make me want one even more!

It's a great place to wheel!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nissanboy said:
OH i will be there. I just havent seen anything too challenging that is conquerable with IFS. I know better than to try and crawl boulders that buggies play on and the rest looks to be fairly easy with some mud holes. I was just trying to get a better feel for it that what i have seen. FYI my group better run some of the hardest stuff in the park although i do want to play int eh water some, not the much, the water.

Just show up and I'll take you wherever you want to go. Just make sure your tow points are on good. Your gonna need em.

cableguy said:
Just show up and I'll take you wherever you want to go. Just make sure your tow points are on good. Your gonna need em.

:eek: Oh he set himself up for that one! There are places cableguy went that we wouldn't follow even in my choptop and it was locked front/rear, boggers with a cage and I didn't give a crap about body damage.

Dre said:
Rick?
496000091-med.jpg

Yep, I miss it! That's why I want to go back :exporange :thumbsup: :burnout:

You know... I did sign-up for an easy trail just because I'm a "chicken"... for some strange reason I'm afraid to do anything extreme even though my rig was always ready to do more... like last one... Sport was ready to tackle nearly anything with 6" Skyjacker, mud tires, lockers... I was just cautious.

Especially because every time I go my son goes with me... I would not want to scare him in the early age.

I could do any trail, I'm sure. Body damage? whao cares? When truck is built for off-roading that's one of the things you have to live with. :D

tubes? Last time I was there water was nearly up to the bottom of the tube... I didn't go in, once again - "chicken"
:thumbdwn:

I'm with Dre....it's always better to be over prepared rather than underprepared. I don't want to scare/upset my fiance either....and I have to drive the thing home too.

Hey brian, post that pic of you and dale in the cherokee coming out of the tubes.

Right now there is only about a foot of water after the tubes. IF it rains a lot, it can be up to 5 feet deep once you drop off into the water. Trick is, just don't be the first one to do it!!!!! :D

yeah and the last time I was there there were about 3-4 feet of water... (measured with a stick)... and nobody else to test it... :rolleyes: as for the driving it home part? :D I'm toying with the idea of buying a trailer.

John - I see you're working on a diesel project... can we work on fitting my Mounty with a diesel as well? something small? I need to get a better milage out of it... better than 15 mpg at least. That V8 is hungry as hell :confused:

this place looks nasty...But im with you guys, i like to be cautious. Ill be on 33s and Locked (bought my locker yesterday ;)) by this trip, but i still plan on runnin intermediate...no crazy 4 foot water drops for me, lol; although i would like to see others try it.

Brian was that blue XJ lifted? that's sick! :confused:

I remember the black one - I was there - I have more pictures of that "stunt" - that was on a blue trail - the easiest - I passed by that hole with no problem - running on 33's but this guy in stock XJ kind of sank in... :rolleyes:

I cant waight!! to get my fix im going to Mt Mccaslin oct 7-9...try some stuff out..this spring ill be locked and running 35's..of course some body armor...o yea the club im in went to the badlands last weekend.no one broke. they mostly played in the quarry and green and orange trial. I couldnt go.. also for an extra $5 you can get a weekend pass

Dre said:
Brian was that blue XJ lifted? that's sick! :confused:

I remember the black one - I was there - I have more pictures of that "stunt" - that was on a blue trail - the easiest - I passed by that hole with no problem - running on 33's but this guy in stock XJ kind of sank in... :rolleyes:

No, it wasn't lifted, just had some 31s on it I think.

I do have pictures of that XJ after we got him out...
496024.jpg

and here sitting next to my Un-Limited - look at the difference in size!
4960261.jpg

looks like the water was pretty high up there on his side...how much water did he have inside there when he was rescued? And even better yet, did he come up with one of those "Jeeper excuses" of why he got stuck? Every jeep that i have ever pulled out (some not in my explorer) have had some kind of excuse as to why they got stuck....it was not once their own fault. :rolleyes:

Lets just say the insurance company wrote it off because of all the water damage. It actually wasn't his fault, the hole he slid into was just too deep for him and his street tires to climb out of. The only reason Dre didn't slide in was that he had M/Ts and they grabbed good. If we had gotten him out faster it wouldn't have been so bad, but he sat in it for a good 5 or 10 minutes before I finally had to make the guy trying to pull him out get out of the way and let me strap on and yank him out. :rolleyes:

well, he was wheeling with us... and just said that he was following me. :D

there might be some pictures somewhere with water inside the cab... he had water in his instrument cluster... he hydrolocked his engine... we did pull the plugs and even siffed water (yeap! with a straw!!!) from the intake. He was able to start it and drive it back to Chicago but after that his insurance totalled it. It was a ghost XJ - lights would come on by itself, radio would turn on by itself... Brian - care to elaborate???

hehe, his stuff would just turn on and off by itself? :confused:

Yeah, by the time we got him home, none of his taillights were working and the headlights were blinking on and off. The next day he tried to start it and it wouldn't turn over. The electrical system was shot. The fuse distribution box was on the side that was under water and it fried it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And every time I attempt to go through some water I'm afraid I can end-up like this guy... would not want to be in his shoes... would not want to loose any of my trucks this way. :thumbdwn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back