Bags for the X

4FordFamily

Been there done that
Reaction score
City, State
Fishers, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'16 Sport, 08, other ford
Alright i am in love with bags and i want the scoop on what i gotta do, what to look for, and how to do it. I am willing to drive even a couple states to have it done right, and i want full switches.

yes, i have a 4wd explorer (1995 XLT) with 22's and i need to know what has to be done. I have a friend who can get me a kit for 800 bucks that is GOOD but what questions do i need to ask.

Do all kits include switches to lift front/back etc. And do they go side to side like hydraulics or no.

Fill me in here i see bags all the tiem but its usually when the truck is dropped to the ground.

I realise with bags if i drop it that low i am putting my driveshaft or whatever in jeopardy so i was told. I am a noob to this so cut me some slack.

Let me know ppl and those of u in the midwest inform me of where to go.

Thanks,

Jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you will need to go to 2wd becuase your front CV"s will get in the way. Rear frame will have to be cut and a c-notch welded in if you plan on going any lower and 3 inches than stock. Front fenderwells wont tuck 22's nicely, MAJOR trimming will be needed

remove inner fenderwells/ relocate whatever is on them, notch the rear, run bags behind/ below the axle 2600's rear, 2500 front

Is this all stuff I can do myself or what. Sorry about bein so dumb about it haha

Will i need 2 compressors?

Also, would i absolutely HAVE to go 2wd? or could i just not drop it to the concrete. A 5 or 6 inch drop is easily enough for me i dont want to be sitting on the pavement Ive decided

5 or 6 inch drop is on the concrete

I don't know where the bags would go in the front, but with axles in the front, it should not be driven with the height more than a couple of inches away from stock. By stock I mean where ever the axles are level. If you drive it with the axles angled more than that, you will wear them out quickly.
Play with the height as much as you want below say 20 MPH. Good luck,
Don W

I decided to paint my truck instead and wait for bags and go to 20's later.

Thanks guys,

jason

good idea but still 20's are going to be a pain dude still lots of work........but 22;s you would have to work the rear door if you have one and still maybe on a sport too....but definitely get ready to get rid of lots up front, like, a/c / heat and more......with 20's or 22's...just holla at me if you want the scoop or just look in my spindle flip thread!!!! mdj1rngr@cox.net,
Matt

Back