Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Band Adjustments on A4LD?

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by Longs, October 8, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Longs

Longs Active Member

City, State:
      Cranberry Township, PA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '93 Limited
      I would think I'd see something about it here, but you never know...

Does the A4LD have any external band adjustments? The outside of the case looks like it does (on the driver side). If not, what are these nuts?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Opera House

Opera House Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Cincinnati, OH
      2014 Explorer 3.5L base
      Don't touch that dial!

You loosen the nut and tighten the screw to 10 foot pounds. Then you back off 1 1/2 to 3 1/2 turns depending on what bands are installed. And you don't know cause they made so many changes to this transmission. They don't need to be adjusted because the servo piston has more than enough travel. They are tempting though!

4. dogfriend

dogfriend Human-Animal Hybrid

City, State:
      Carmichael, CA
      '97 Sport 4x4
      I'm relatively sure that its the same for the 5R55E and the A4LD. There are two bands , the front and intermediate that you can adjust from outside. I wouldn't mess with them though, cause you can cause yourself some real problems if you loosen the band too much and it comes off the adjustment screw. Then you will be dropping the trans and taking it apart to get the band back together.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56870&highlight=trans