1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Bankruptcy Rocks!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by spinnn, January 28, 2009.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. spinnn

spinnn Member

City, State:
    The edge of the Pines, Joizey
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    97 Sport
    Hey now. Got myself a real clean 97 X Sport 2 door, 4.0, stick, 170,000 on chassis, 35,000 on motor/clutch, since my Trooper quit after 300,000 miles of torture. Gonna move my 31 in. mudders right on over, also my stereo, while I repower the Trooper from scratch--don't ask me why--I'm one of those masochists who like trying to get 250 hp out of a four banger... So now where do y'all recommend that I start playing around with this X? I'll keep the 31's for a while, I'm going to tune it up, synthetic, intake, yada, the whole nine, I know what I'm doing since I've been been playing the game forever, but you folks have the trial and error done and over with, so talk to me. No artificial aspiration, please, but I like EFFICIENCY, I'd like to get what I can out of her. Comments? Pitfalls? I've owned this truck for exactly two hours now. Tomorrow: change fluids, tuneup, mud. Thursday: Probably a hostile divorce once my girl finds the ATM card doesn't work anymore...

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Sams01XplrSprt

Sams01XplrSprt Southern Cali Explorer

City, State:
    Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
    2001 Sport (sold)
    welcome

4. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
  5. Dopler174

Dopler174 Official Welcome Committe Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Greensboro, NC
    1993 XLT 4X4
    Welcome To Explorer Forum!

6. 97sprt4x4

97sprt4x4 Active Member

City, State:
    Jerz
    06 Mazda3 GT
    Welcome to the forum. But as far as the truck goes. You have the OHV with by most people on here is an extremely reliable engine and will run forever as along as you keep maintenance up on it. 31s fit almost all x's without trimming, most common lift for our trucks is a Tortion twist and Shackles. Good luck, and have fun, i've owned mine since feb o7 and she's been wonderful to me. congrats!

Justin