Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Battery Light Flickers

Discussion in 'Modified 1995-2001 Explorers' started by xNGxCRASH, June 23, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. xNGxCRASH

xNGxCRASH New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      96 xl, 99 eddie
      ok so i finished my 5 speed swap still need to work out a few bugs ie. speedo dosent work reverce lights.. anyways since the swap my battery light flickers and everytime it does it its like th ignition was shut of for .002 seconds pretty much as quick as the light flashes it does it at crusing you cant notice but say 2nd at 20 mph it will be like i let off the gas and re appled quicker than i could blink any ideas?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. ahodges

ahodges Elite Explorer

Albums:
      City, State:
      Millbury, OH
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1996 XLT - 347 S/C
      I had a similar problem after replacing my engine. I didn't notice that the ignition cut out for a split second though, but I have an automatic. I thought it was a bad alternator but it turned out to be a loose wire on my alternator. I just put some contact grease on the voltage sensor wire and the other plug on the top of the alternator. That fixed my intermitant flashing battery light.