• Register Today It's free!

battery problems WTF!

Schobanger

Reaction score
City, State
Fargo, ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer Sport
ok, so i have had this truck about 3 months now, and so far the alternator has gone (within 1 week), now i had to replace the battery because the battery was leaking acid. did that yesterday, started up fine. this morning i go out to start the damn thing and kaput. F*** so that makes 2 days in a row trying to jump it. luckily i got it jumped yesterday. today, not so great. charged for about 10 mins and nothing. i just dont get this truck. any and all advice would be nice. it was cranking, but now i have no bolts in battery. no more cranking, light under hood wont even stay on. im stumped. maybe its the ground wiring?? i dont know. any and all help is appreciated.

Sounds wierd. But' I would check battery cables for internal corrocion. Cut the covering off back about three inches, and see if they are corroded. If they are, I would replace the cable(s). If no corrosion, check where ground cable attaches to frame. But I would bet on corrrosion. Also clean and tighten cables at battery.

turns out it was the cables that connect at the terminal i believe they are called. one is grounded to the chassis the other gets shoved underneath the battery somewhere. they were dirty/muddy as hell and it F***ed everything up, battery wouldnt even hold 1 volt. got it fixed and it runs and starts well.

Back