Bay Area - Hollister Hills ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bay Area - Hollister Hills ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been to Hollister Hills, CA? It's a state-run park for motorcycles and 4wheelers, about 40 minutes from San Jose, CA.

Kvo.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

kvo,
I go there, and it is alot of fun, however to this date, I am the only Explorer out there. In August they do the Top Truck Challenge, so there are some pretty gnarly sections. Being mostly stock, I can't go on all the trails, but there are enough trails to go on to spend the day there. The price of admission is $4.00 a day and $6.00 a day to camp.They have a website for you to check out before you go because sometimes it is closed for special events.
www.hollisterhills.com/

It would be nice to see another Explorer out there.

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. Dead Link Removed
95 XLT 4X4

[This message has been edited by Ray Lobato (edited 04-04-99).]

Ray -

We should get together there someday with some other bay area explorer owners, stock or modified. Spring/summer would be good, after all this rain and hail in the bay area lately, it should be interesting.

May be there are others in the bay area who would consider a day down in Hollister.

kvo.

Kvo,
I would be game for a run to Hollister.
Anyone else?

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. :)
95 XLT 4X4

Ray & Kvo,
A day at Hollister Hills sounds like fun. Email us or post a message here to let us know when you want to go.
Ji

Ray and I have been trying to hook up there for about a year now. I am definitely game if you come up with a date where I am not traveling for work!

How does May 16 or May 23 (both are Sundays) work with everyone's schedule?

kvo.

Kvo,
May 16th.
That sounds good to me Dead Link Removed LET'S DO IT!!
Meet at the ranger station around 10:00 am.

Pete, Ji, Can you guys make it?

Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
95 XLT 4X4

Sorry Ray!

The 23rd works for us, but not the 16th. We already commited(& purchased tickets) to an A's game with the ankle biters(2) & their Little Leage teams. Hope we can work something out... If you can't do 23rd, please go on without us & we'll catch you another time!

Ji

Hello fellow Bay Area drivers! I would like to join all of you as well, but I could only do so on the 23rd, not the 16th. Keep us posted as to when you are all thinking of going. It sounds like a lot of fun, especially if the weather stays nice! If it's the 23rd, I would like to join you all, otherwise, please let me know when you are heading out again! Thanks.

Kvo,

I sent some email off to Pete T and Garrett, since they live in the Bay Area also to see if we can get some other people to come. If I get some responces from them for either one of the dates you mentioned, I'll post it and then I could go with either date. Ji already said that the 16th was out, but he could do it on the 23rd. If others pick the 23rd, I will also be Ok with that date.
What do you think? If we get enough people to go to Hollister Hills, it would be a nice warmup for the August run in San Diego. Dead Link Removed
Why should Rick J., paul G. and Paul S. and Trace have all the fun. (You can tell I'm jeoulous. They got to go and I DIDN'T!) Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
95 XLT 4X4

Hey!
I think We have something going Here.
GOOD!!!!
I will be glad to change to the 23rd.
Garrett,
Welcome, You make 4.
It will be nice to go out there and not be the only Explorer.
so far it's kvo,Ji,Garrett, and Myself.
We can call it the "Hollister Hills Run for Fun"

Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed

OH!
Don't forget the Cameras, so we can send Rick some pictures

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. Dead Link Removed
95 XLT 4X4

[This message has been edited by Ray Lobato (edited 04-21-99).]

Hey guys,

May 23rd is good for me also. I'm gonna try to get my wife to come. She is curious to see what all the brou-ha-ha is all about and why I spent so much time and money on the Explorer. She saw the Bay Area Backroads show on Hollister and thought it was fun. May be she will see the need for the ARB lockers afterall!!!

See ya'll on Sunday 10:00 AM, May 23rd at the Hollister Hills Ranger Station. Can't wait. May be we can take some pictures and send to Rick for posting.

I am definitely going to rearrange my work schedule to go on the August run in San Diego. The power that be (the mrs.) has ok'd the trip.

Kvo,

Please do bring your wife, I'm comming and we may bring our 2 boys(if we can't pawn them off on grandma & grandpa!) See ya there...

Tami(Ji's wife)

Tami, Kvo,
I am bringing my wife also, and maybe the kids.
The kids like it more than my wife, but she does indulge and support me on these things.
Seems to think that it's a guy thing. I'm trying to convince her that it's for everyone. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. Dead Link Removed
95 XLT 4X4

[This message has been edited by Ray Lobato (edited 04-22-99).]

Kvo,Ji
Do either of you have CB radios? I know Garrett and I have them. It beats yelling out the window. Dead Link Removed Is there anyone else in the Bay Area or maybe the Central Valley interested in going to Hollister Hills SVRA for a fun day of 4wheeling with other Explorers? Dead Link Removed

Date: May 23 1999 That's a Sunday.

Place: Hollister Hills SVRA www.hollisterhills.com/

Meet: At Ranger Station. You have to stop there to pay your entrance fee and get the combination to the locks to get into the area. Park by the air fill station.

Time: Around 10:00am
Garrett, just in case you didn't know, the truckers channel is 17 around here. that's what I monitor most of the time. I'll give a holler when I get close by. We can pick a more unpopulated channel once we all hook up at the ranger station.

Looking forward to meeting and riding with all of you. Dead Link Removed
DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERAS so we can send Rick some pictures

Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. Dead Link Removed
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

[This message has been edited by Ray Lobato (edited 05-07-99).]

Sounds good Ray and yes, I have a portable 40 channel CB.

Looking forward to hooking up with everyone on Sunday May 23.

I am trying to get another friend with an Explorer to come also.

Hey, guy's it sounds like where going to do it! The only problem-I'm having a bad A4ld DAY!! $900.00 later and I'm still not done. Just a few more days and I'll have it together,I hope!
Oh-yeah , I don't have a radio. I will try to get one before I leave sacramento.

JI
jitami@qiknet.com

We're still on for Sunday at 10:00AM at the Ranger Station. Ji and Tami cannot make it due to a transmission problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kvo,Garrett
I'm still going. See you guys there! Dead Link Removed
Ji, Tami, Sorry you won't be able to make it. Dead Link Removed There's always next time. Dead Link Removed
Hope you get your truck fixed soon.

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back