Bed Extender Parts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need a part

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 sport trac
I have a 2005 Sport Trac that I bought used. I purchsed the bed extender gate off of ebay. Over the years both of the plastic pieces that retain the spring clip have broken. As a result the gate does not lock to the pins on the truck as it once did. It appears that to fix this, the entire assembly should be replaced but there are no part numbers or mfg info on anywhere on the gate or part. So far, internet searches have not been successful. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i found a website that sells these little hardware bits. ford was charging 60 bucks per pin, but just get the number off them and ill try to find that website and report back for you. i got the hardware pieces for 8 bucks a piece plus shipping and tax. 25 bucks i think i spent. ill get back to you.

Sorry for the hijack - my bed extender is missing one of the round black plastic caps for the ends of the tubes. Any idea where I can get a spare, or anything else that might fit instead?

Sorry for the hijack - my bed extender is missing one of the round black plastic caps for the ends of the tubes. Any idea where I can get a spare, or anything else that might fit instead?

there's a diagram in the link i left below that may have the part number you are looking for.

there's a diagram in the link i left below that may have the part number you are looking for.

That diagram didn't seem to have it, but the Ford Parts Giant website did. :D

So, the caps are #286B25 or 5Z-99286B25-AA. Thanks guys!

Back