• Register Today It's free!

bellhousing bolts

nevr1zenuf

Reaction score
City, State
wellington,ohio in the northeast
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 E.B. 4wd
Hello all, I need some help here if anyone has the info. I have a 96 ford explorer I am replacing the transmission and need all of the bolts that go with the job i need the sizes and lenghts,for the bellhousing, driveshafts, t-case,torque converter nuts,crossmember bolts,starterbolts, and any other ones you can think of that I may need. Thank you in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All the bolts' specs? That might be a little hard to compile. But why not just re-use the old bolts (assuming they are not rounded or broken) ? Just group them all in little zip-lock bags and label each one.

Long answer but here I go, The trans went out in o4' in o6' I found a trans shop to rebuild it for 1600$ after they pulled it apart the housing was shot and it could not be rebuilt. I brought it home and parked it. Put it up for sale in 07' nobody wanted it with no trans in it. I decided i would fix it this year, my boy will be getting his liscense soon. So I bought a used trans and started yesterday. The trans shop put everything in the back of the except the bolts. Now I have no bolts and no Idea.

I don't have any of them.

go to a wrecking yard and get some , , they will not charge much ,

I can get you the specs for the transmission to engine bellhousing bolts since my Explorer is apart but I dont have the figures for the others. I would suggest that you get the bolts from the dealer though as they are pretty high tolerance / strength bolts.

thought about the bone yard,but would rather spend a little extra green and not have to dissamble a whole truck to get them,take several hours standing in the mud, maybe laying in it.

No need to go measure all of them IZ, I was thinking maybe somebody had a exploded view that said what they were.I am planning on going to the dealer tomorrow.Was looking for something to do today.Thanks

hey all I found them they had put them in a plastic bag under the drivers seat. I don't know why they put them there but they did . thanks for the help anyway.

Back