Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Belt size question

Discussion in 'A/C & Heater systems - HVAC' started by ibmp200, April 23, 2016.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. ibmp200

ibmp200 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2007 Ranger XL
    Is there a mathmatical formula to calculate the difference between the length of the blue belt and the red belt in the attached image? I am intending on removing the blue wheel (compressor) while leaving the other two in place, therein making the blue belt too long. What is the formula for calculating the difference in lengths, removing the compressor to utilize a shorter belt, being the red one?

http://jaeareltu.deviantart.com/art/Belt-604879181?ga_submit_new=10%3A1461466710

This is being done on a 2007 Ranger with a 4 liter V6 engine. I am trying to avoid putting a string or something along the belt routes to simply measure. I also will not be putting in a bypass pulley in place of the compressor. If there is a 'formula', please share.

Thank you.

Last edited: April 24, 2016
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.