• Register Today It's free!

Belt Tensioner 2000 Ranger XLT

tjsoccerfreak

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Ranger XLT
Is there someone out there that can help with an issue I'm having with my 2000 Ford Ranger XLT? Well, it started out to be a simple fix but ended not so good. I was changing the serpentine belt and one of the pullys, when the bolt off the belt tensioner broke off with the threaded end still in the tensioner. There is nothing to grab onto to get that sucker out. What do I do now? The truck is dead in the water in my driveway. Is there any tips out there that can help resolve the issue? I can get another bolt from Ford, but I'm trying to alleviate any Costly repairs. What turned out to be a 30 buck job, is not turning out so good. Help!!!!! Anyone?????

Remove the tensioner.

It's mounted by a single bolt, I think it's a 8mm allen head, down in a well.

You can then work on the snapped bolt.

I'd say just replace the tensioner. $64.
Note the guide pin when installing.

Thanks a million Earl43P. I appreciate the quick response. I will get the tensioner and have at it first daylight tomorrow. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!!!! I just signed up a couple of hours ago, and already I'm getting invaluable tips, that's what I'm talking about, us do-it-your-selfers gotta stick together!!!! Again, Earl43P, I will keep you in mind since we have the same exact specs on the Ranger. Have a good one!!!

Back