1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Best Aftermarket Catalytic Converter

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by jk86racing, November 7, 2016.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. jk86racing

jk86racing New Member

City, State:
    Granby, CT
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    06 Ford Explorer V8 E.B.
    I know there have been threads on this before but I was wondering in terms of longevity, what is the best aftermarket catalytic converter? I noticed that Magnaflow have both a “high metal” and an “OEM” grade catalytic convertor but both have the standard 25,000 mile internal / 50,000 mile external warranty. Does it really make a difference or do all of the aftermarket cats fail after a short amount of time due to less precious metal packing? I also don’t have the $1400 to buy a brand new ford OEM one. Thank you in advance.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Tech By Trade

Tech By Trade Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Your mom's house
    07 Sport Trac
    I bought a Walker direct replacment on amazon a couple years ago. Think it was around 300 bucks. For that price you cant go wrong.

4. jk86racing

jk86racing New Member

City, State:
    Granby, CT
    06 Ford Explorer V8 E.B.
    Still going strong? My worry with buying a cheaper one is I'm going to be under the vehicle every 2 years to replace it, and I expect to keep this vehicle for 10 years or so.

5. Tech By Trade

Tech By Trade Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Your mom's house
    07 Sport Trac
    3 years without issue so far. Just swapped out the front 02 sensors for shits and giggles last week. They had 220000k kms so I figured they were due.