Best deal on Monroes and install help? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best deal on Monroes and install help?

CaptKirk

Reaction score
City, State
Bay, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
:usa: I am looking for the Monroe sensatrac load levelers. Where is the best place to purchase these. I tried Murrays where I normally get my parts and they wanted $70 a piece! I have seen them on line for about $100 for the pair.
Also, has anyone installed these? Do you need a spring compressor to do this?
Thanks fo any input!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seek & Ye shall find...i know searching can be tedious, but when in need you'll find what ya want by searching:

Dead Link Removed

But then again, there ARE guys like me that'll say that, and then find the thread for ya!

It just so happens that i've got this in My Favorites b/c i still need to do it myself.

I did see that write up. But, the ones I am looking to get have a spring built into them to help with a load or trailoring. So, they are different.

Aren't those the same shocks that Sears offer for like 50 bucks each installed?

CaptKirk said:
I did see that write up. But, the ones I am looking to get have a spring built into them to help with a load or trailoring. So, they are different.

do you have a link to what you want to buy?

for that kind of money I would just get rancho RS9000s. Much better shock IMO.

CaptKirk said:
:usa: I am looking for the Monroe sensatrac load levelers. Where is the best place to purchase these. I tried Murrays where I normally get my parts and they wanted $70 a piece! I have seen them on line for about $100 for the pair.
Also, has anyone installed these? Do you need a spring compressor to do this?
Thanks fo any input!

Capt...I installed the load levelers in the rear...a major pain without the spring compressor. I can try to help you thru the install, so if you need it PM me. Now my records are shakey but I seem to remember that I got them here:

http://www.pickproparts.com/.

I know I posted the price I paid for them in an earlier thread and I'm pretty sure it was a lot less than you're talking (I seem to remember $45-50 ea. but once again I'm shakey on this). I know if you do a search and maybe refine it with replies from me you may find the thread I'm talking about. I will try and look for it too and I'll post it here if I can find it.

Lee

Back