Best place to get oem intake manifold gaskets? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best place to get oem intake manifold gaskets?

Silverblade

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
BC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SOHC
Hey guys my truck (4.6L) started leaking coolant from below the thermostat housing. I read most of the threads on here about this and called my local dealership and they wanted $75 per side for the intake manifold gaskets. One of the threads on here someone mentioned Tousley Ford which I believe is now Autonation Ford Great Bear Lake? I looked on their website and couldn't find the gaskets or the intake manifold. If I was to stray from OEM, which aftermarket supplier would be the best quality for all the gaskets I will need? Also, if I need to replace the actual manifold, where would you recommend I get an oem one? Local dealership wanted $600, one of the older threads mentioned Tousley had it for around $200 but I can't locate it.

Thanks guys.

Edit: I see my signature is pretty outdated lol, I now have a 2003 limited with 4.6L.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i use tasca ford, manifold gaskets $37 and manifold $274

Go with either Victor or Fel Pro gaskets. After market gasket makers (such as listed) will improve the OE gaskets in the spots they fail. If the fail point is an engineering defect. While OE only usually offers the original gasket.

If the intake manifold is stock, you will be best served to replace the entire thing. They get old/brittle and will fail, especially after removal and re-installation. You are fine to go with an aftermarket intake manifold. Dorman has them for ~$150, and that has a new gasket built in.

Thanks for the replies guys. What is the general opinion on the Dorman? When I was reading some of the older threads (2010) most people were saying to spend the extra and go oem as the dorman wasn't a direct fit and had to be modified , they also said the quality was lower than oem. Has opinions changed since then? I looked at it on amazon and it said it wouldn't fit my 2003 but I think I recall others saying they will fit.

Back