• Register Today It's free!

Best sub position in your X?

Kevex

Reaction score
City, State
edgewater park,nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
I see some of you face them up to the roof, some place them to the tailgate. I want to build a box for my subs when they get here tomorrow and was wondering what would be the best way to face them for sound purposes? Would there be a problem if I made the box like 15" height X 15" depth X 41" long then I could turn the box up or to the back (by problem I mean like sound waves in the box)?

Most common is to have the subs facing towards the rear hatch, this produces good clean sound but there is no harm in trying them out in some different places. As for your sub dimensions I've read that you never want any to have any 2 dimensions the same, I think there is some problem with standing waves.

Mine looks like they sit facing straight up but they are actually tilted to hit the roof and then down to the front two seats. Just remember if your making a some what square or rectangle box to use some cross members inside the box. That'll help with the sound of them as along with strengthing the box.

What Ive foud to work the best for ported boxes is a crx box design. That is with the subs facing up and the port facing the back.

But with my new setup I dont have room for that and Im going with a sealed box for my 3 15s.:D

Back