BFG AT KO vs Toyo Open Country AT? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BFG AT KO vs Toyo Open Country AT?

I look at getting new tires for the F-150. It spends 95% of it life on the street but the other 5% is towing the EX and sometimes onto dirt roads. So I'm looking at a 285x70x17 (32.7") I'm running a 245x70x17 (31.4") currently.

Looking and leaning tords the BFG AT KO, because you just can't go rong with the looks and performance.

However I have been looking at the Toyo Open Country A/T's. Little more streetish and $ 160 bucks cheaper for 4

thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Does this mean we don't pay shipping either???...:popcorn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...That's what I was looking for...:biggthump

...You guys should become a vendor here as we go thru quite a few tires...;)

Contact our Admin...
"If you are selling parts as a business please contact me first. rick@explorerforum.com "

...That would be awesome if you guys became vendors here...Since you ship to most everywhere...:biggthump

Just to conclude this...I went with the BFG's:D

Pic of them mounted on the truck is in F-150 thread, in the signature;)

I'm bringing this back from the dead- I am also shopping for some 285/70/17s for my Tahoe. I have BFG MTs on it right now and they make too much noise. How much noise do the ATs make? I really like the aggressive tire look, but road trips give me a sore throat (from talking over the tires).

I'm bringing this back from the dead- I am also shopping for some 285/70/17s for my Tahoe. I have BFG MTs on it right now and they make too much noise. How much noise do the ATs make? I really like the aggressive tire look, but road trips give me a sore throat (from talking over the tires).

The A/T's are pretty quiet. They have a slight hum if you really listen to them, but really comparing them to a M/T is night and day. You'll notice a big increase in handling on the street too.

I have run both BFG's (4 sets of AT's) and Toyo's more recently. I would go back to BFG's for durability. I have Toyo's on my Jeep and I know the BFG's would outlast them hands down.

I am not sure if this is something that you would be interested in or not, but TireCrawler.com now has 35x12.50R15 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM2’s available.

Just wanted to share :)

...I seen that the other day on your site and the prices were nice...

...I am just waiting for you guys to become a vendor here (and perhaps a possible discount for Explorer Forum members), and I will personally start coming up there regular for all my tires and for whomever else needs them each trip...

..I am almost in desperate need of 5 now... ;)

The A/T's are pretty quiet. They have a slight hum if you really listen to them, but really comparing them to a M/T is night and day. You'll notice a big increase in handling on the street too.

Thanks for the info. I went with 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers instead. They should be here tomorrow. For the little my Tahoe gets driven, I couldnt really justify the $3-400 price difference between the Nittos and BFGs.

did tirecrawler ever become a vendor? Their shipping is really expensive

Back