BFGoodrich LT265/65/R18 KO2 installed on 2010 Explorer Limited. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BFGoodrich LT265/65/R18 KO2 installed on 2010 Explorer Limited.

GodStang

Reaction score
City, State
SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer Limited
Well I originally thought about buying 17" rims but could not find any that did it for me that had the 5x4.5" pattern. So I went ahead and got the 18" BFGoodrich KO All-terrain tires on the stock wheels. Posting this in case others are looking at sizes. Stock ride height 4WD and so far zero rub. Have not been offroading yet so not sure on rub from harsher environments. Car drives much better and using gps speedometer is only 1mph off.

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look good. I'm running the KO2s in 245/70R/16 and really like the ride.

I like the look. I am wondering about K02's in size LT255/70R18 on a 2008 Mercury Mountaineer with stock 18" wheels. Slightly larger diameter (32") and slightly narrower with a lower load rating than the LT265/65R18 that may soften the ride. Anyone have experience with this size and any issues with rubbing? Will I need to lift with spacers?

Looks awesome. I always loved the BFG A/T's.

Well I originally thought about buying 17" rims but could not find any that did it for me that had the 5x4.5" pattern. So I went ahead and got the 18" BFGoodrich KO All-terrain tires on the stock wheels. Posting this in case others are looking at sizes. Stock ride height 4WD and so far zero rub. Have not been offroading yet so not sure on rub from harsher environments. Car drives much better and using gps speedometer is only 1mph off.

View attachment 171312

View attachment 171313

View attachment 171314
Any difference in ride quality with the LT's? Looks good.

Any difference in ride quality with the LT's? Looks good.

For me the ride was smoother and the explorer seemed to handle better with the wider tires. The only down fall is braking does take a bit bit more due to the heavier tire. I need to do better pads and change the fluid and see if that helps. I have also though about swapping out aviator brakes.

For me the ride was smoother and the explorer seemed to handle better with the wider tires. The only down fall is braking does take a bit bit more due to the heavier tire. I need to do better pads and change the fluid and see if that helps. I have also though about swapping out aviator brakes.

Any drop in MPG. I am thinking about going to that same setup.

Any drop in MPG. I am thinking about going to that same setup.

Not really but I really only drive 1 mile to work and back and max speed is about 35mph so mpgs stayed the same.

I did this same set up except I also wedded 2”titan spacers to bump it out a little more. Probably should have gone with the 1 1/2” spacers as I do have a little rub when fully cranked one way or the other. I trimmed a little off the running board in the wheel well and the inner fender piece at the front so no big deal.

Attachments

• A8F92F88-99E1-4480-97D3-619BC140CB9F.jpeg
    A8F92F88-99E1-4480-97D3-619BC140CB9F.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 623

View attachment 171312

View attachment 171313

View attachment 171314
So no rub at all with those 265 65? I have an 06 mountaineer and

View attachment 171312

View attachment 171313

View attachment 171314
so I’m assuming that tire size is 275 65 18? Correct me if I’m wrong

View attachment 171312

View attachment 171313

View attachment 171314
Thanks for posting looks real good!

I did this same set up except I also wedded 2”titan spacers to bump it out a little more. Probably should have gone with the 1 1/2” spacers as I do have a little rub when fully cranked one way or the other. I trimmed a little off the running board in the wheel well and the inner fender piece at the front so no big deal.
Nice mod

Back