BIG Race coming up | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BIG Race coming up

well we all know Troll drive his truck every day to work and it is a sleep capable of destroying many fast sports cars. well we just ran in to a 4x4 99 Toyota Tacoma with twin turbos and a build motor that wants to race us. it makes a ton of power and is 4X4 and runs great and is a true Sleeper with stock tires and stock ride hight. it will be a great battle of the sleeper trucks in miami. we will let you guys know how it comes out. yes we are bring race gas and slicks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

KenneBell finnaly has their site working, for some reason the Performance West Explorers and Mountaineers havn't been added yet to the pics, but heres a pick of the 4.6 V8 with the twin-screw charger and a nice little description.
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

blk_mk8

hey man i am now coming back to the states in early december again now that our extension orders have been cancelled over here. i have ran a few questions past you and bill over the past months and so on. but now that i am coming down to the wire when i want to do this i am wanting to know how much your shop or people you know could help me with the installation. i want to get this setup that way when i get back i can take leave and go home for christmas and then take another period of leave and go to florida to drop it off and get the major work done that i cannot do and then put all the other stuff on myself. i dont know what you have heard. but i am going to get a 347 complete motor from either fms or fox lake with low compression pistons, cannot decide(any recommendations would help) and then with that get the victor 5.0 intake with 77mm mass air meter, ms-dis4 ignition, true dual exhaust, heads(bill mentioned canfield stage 1+ ported heads, 36lbs/hr injectors, baumann shift kit, aggressive cam to boot, throttle body, custom chip and exhaust. pretty much the works. if i could get in contact with you and maybe set a date up that would be cool. this is all i want in the end or as quickly as possible. i will be able to put about $6000 into it right away. and then when tax time rolls around then a little more. all i am wanting to do right now is get the bigger stuff out of the way that i dont have the resources to do myself. like the engine, tranny shift kit, and exhaust, thanks for any replies.

i have a blower that would fit your truck with a intercooler it is 3650 it is pretty nice. if you want to come down and look at it i have one at my shop. i will bring it to my house over the week end if you want to look at it or come to tower shops and see it. i am not shure on the headers thing i have a set here for a mustang just bring you truck to me and i can look and see if they are the same or close enuf to work right.

blk.. is this charger and intercooler for the 302 or 347??

any figures on what it could cost(ballpark) for the installation of the 347 motor? and shift kit? a PM or email would be cool. any number i could reach you at? shop phone number or so on?

the 4.6 one is the only one i have with a intercooler the 5.0 are with out. i will have to get back to you on the 347 part ok.

Originally posted by blk mk8
the 4.6 one is the only one i have with a intercooler the 5.0 are with out. i will have to get back to you on the 347 part ok.
Were you reffering the 4.6 charger to me on the 4,6 Mounty? If so, what charger is it and what intercooler is it? I'm looking at the KenneBell Twin Screw charger right now.

Also one question, I was planning on basically bringing the 02' Mounty down to you guys to do the exhaust once I get it. But I heard I shouldn't do the exhaust before lowering, but I'm only going to be using the springs that Performance West used to drop their 02' Mounty only about an inch. Would that have any effect on doing the exhaust first? I wouldn't think so....

Depends on where the pipes have to be run. I would assume that when you lower it, it will still be in its stock range, just sit at a different height. If thats the case, then no, I dont think it would make a difference.

man o man i am soooo jealous of you guys with the 4.6. you all can just go out and buy a kenne bell twin screw and just bolt it right on. for me to accomplish that i would have to make a whole new accessory belt system. man i wish i could put a twin screw on mine without alot of pain in the ass. good luck. post some numbers after it is on too. that way maybe in a few years when i get a newer mounty i will know better what to do. of course i will still have my explorer too. lol.

Originally posted by rocket 5979
man o man i am soooo jealous of you guys with the 4.6. you all can just go out and buy a kenne bell twin screw and just bolt it right on. for me to accomplish that i would have to make a whole new accessory belt system. man i wish i could put a twin screw on mine without alot of pain in the ass. good luck. post some numbers after it is on too. that way maybe in a few years when i get a newer mounty i will know better what to do. of course i will still have my explorer too. lol.
:D
Twin Screw + 4.6 = torque monster and haul ass time. Can't beat full boost across the rpm range, which mean almost full torque at any rpm. Now that kicks ass....

I rode in a Tahoe 5.3 with a Whipple Charger - damn that heavy truck was fast as hell, pulled hard as hell no matter what speed or rpm you were at.

Right now were still waitng for the dealer to find an 02' Mounty with the 4.6 V8 and in Mineral Grey with the luxury package, so far havn't found anything. All the Miner Greys they found were V6 ones. So I'll just have to wait, which sucks cause I've been wating scince May. I probably won't do the KenneBell charger until a few months after I get it, I want to do all the bolt-ons 1st and then see how I like it, even stock the new 02's haul azz. One of the main reasons I want that truck is I love the burbaly sound of that 4.6 V8

heh, I think blk mk8 mention a Cobra 4.6 swap and charger on that engine:eek: Actually, I could just use the Aviators 4.6 V8......hmmmm.

Originally posted by SaleenEXP
Actually, I could just use the Aviators 4.6 V8.

Very off topic, but:

I read something on Stangnet the other night that said a couple of Ford vehicles, including the Aviator, are going to be taken out of production. Is there any truth behind this? Are they really taking away the Aviator?? :eek:

Originally posted by diablo5969
Very off topic, but:

I read something on Stangnet the other night that said a couple of Ford vehicles, including the Aviator, are going to be taken out of production. Is there any truth behind this? Are they really taking away the Aviator?? :eek:
no it was completley blown out of porportion. They already resumed Cobra production. There was a slight problem with the seats or something like that, but for some reason everyone thought it had to do with the supercharged engine. They only stopped Cobra porduction for a few weeks and already resumed.

Whoever said that about the Aviator was wrong, it was nothing wrong with the engine. Some reports I think said something about the engine being plagued with problems since its intro which is complete bullsh!t, the only thing that was every wrong was when the new engine was introduced in 99' and they made the pipes and exhaust slightly smaller which caused that loss in hp thing. But again it was something with the seats, somebody else on here I think it was james t also said it was something with the seats.

People on stangnet, and my friend who have 03's have been dogging the **** outta them with no problems.

you bring me a 4.6 explorer and i can put a 4.6 03 cobra motor in it using borrowed parts from the aviator. it would not be hard for use to pull off. it would make a lot of torque and about 400 hp or so to the back tires.

Back