1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Bighter Lights??

Discussion in 'Performance Lighting' started by explorerguy27, December 8, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. explorerguy27

explorerguy27 New Member

City, State:
      Canby, OR.
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      98 V8 XLT
      I installed some real expensive blue h/l bulbs in my 98 ex and am sorry to say that my stock bulbs appear to be brighter. Is there something I did wrong, or are there brighter bulbs out there. My wife can't see well at night so I would like the brightest bulbs possible short of a HID conversion. Help? :)

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. aldive

aldive Elite In Memoriam

1999 XLT
      Many people prefer Solver Star bulbs.

Further , the addition of a HD wiring harness will make a nice improve,ent in light output also. http://www.suvlights.com/

Good luck....

Attached Files:

4. Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp Elite Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Greenville, MI
      98 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
      I had 6500K HID bulbs in my cars projector headlights and I couldnt see worth a darn. Blue color doesnt light up the road very well and is just worthless in the rain. All OEM HID is 4300K, which I now have, and is just very white. The color you see from new car HIDs is produced by the cut off shield and the lense and is not the color the lights put on the road. On the road the color is white. PIAA Star White/Platnuim SuperWhite bulbs and Sylvania Silverstar bulbs come the closest to the white of any non-hid bulbs you can buy. They rate the color at 3800K. Anything higher is bluish and you know now that you cant see as well with the blue bulbs.
      As Al mentioned a harness will help make the bulbs brighter. But no amount of extra voltage is going to make your blue bulbs illuminate better.