• Register Today It's free!

BJB fuses n relays

just1me

Reaction score
City, State
Pryor, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ranger Stepside 2.5
I was just curious do any of you 2001 owners have a battery junction box like this? I am trying to figure out all the changes in 2001 that were made, and it seems there were 3 different junction boxes used. My 2001 Sport look likes the one below and only 1 other that I have heard of. Anyone else have this bjb?

sportbjb.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is my battery junction box, any other 2001's like this. I don't have fog lights so 48a and 48b are empty.

MyBJB.jpg

A 2001 Job 1 and Job 2 box is probably different. I'd need to research it a bit to be sure.

Yeah I been looking at wiring diagrams, and it seems they either show job1 or job2 with a single relay in place of 47,or 48. I looked at the ranger 01 and they have the side by side relays like mine. 2 other owners replied said their 01 though had the same bjb as mine. Did ford use 3 different bjbs?

The FORD Service Manual only shows two.

My 2002 Sport Trac BJB
DSC03212-1.jpg

Thanks, my 2001 was built September 11, 2000, which would be after June 16th, yet mine is different. 2 other 2001 guys responded said theirs is the same as mine also. 1 of those guys said his 2001 was built in April, 2001.

Autozone shows the same 2 battery junction boxes above for 2001 before and after Jun 16. I also only have the single fan relay in the relay box down by the airbox on the passenger fender, which indicates before June 16, where after June 16 there were 5 relays shown.

I know though my 2001 has Pats E, the Rap module behind the passenger airbag, the later 5R55E with the OSS sensor, and the Job 2 engine.

I noticed to the 2001 ranger has a similar battery junction box layout. Where it uses 2 side by side relays for positions 45,46,47,and 48. So is there a reason some 2001's had a 3rd style battery junction box? It's a bit of a mystery to me.

It is a bit strange though because there is only 1 owners manual listed for 2001 I've found, and it doesn't quite match up for each BJB.

Here is a 2001 Ranger XLT 4.0 4dr battery junction box, identical layout as some 01 explorer sport models, only different colored relays used.

01RBJB2.jpg

Back