Blackberry QNX to Replace Microsoft | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blackberry QNX to Replace Microsoft

On top of the seat heaters and rear HVAC controls, you also have the instrument cluster to contend with. 3rd party infotainment systems aren't likely to display the correct information on the 4" screens next to the speedometer.

In my old truck, I went from this...
Picture882-1.jpg

To this...
PC260772.jpg

That's all I want to be able to do. I guess if I want my technology and infotainment to be up to date, I'll have to stick to my '01 truck.

I've posted thus before... It's designed obsolescence. The manufacturers don't want you to be able to update your vehicles so they can sell you a new one to get the new tech/gadgets.

I really want to know what we're supposed to do with thus hunk of **** in the dash when it craps out out if warranty or when a new phone won't be able to communicate with it because Bluetooth was old tech and my new phone only supports the latest version.

2016 model

I've asked this question before but haven't received a definite answer. Does anyone know if the 2016 explorer will have the new operating system?

Back