Wanted - Blend door flap for '96 XLT wanted. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Blend door flap for '96 XLT wanted.

Parts or services wanted

Bazwaa

Reaction score
City, State
Melbourne
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
G'day guys,

I am looking for a blend door flap for my '96 XLT Explorer. I can't find one anywhere here in Oz. Because the car was an import, Ford Australia don't have these parts.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get one in the States and tell me what is a realistic price so I don't get ripped off. It is the middle of our winter and I am getting sick of driving a cold car!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Barry therandalls@aapt.net.au

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

G'Day! Are you talking about the blend DOOR when you say a FLAP? If so, that's an easy one to get you. I know of two sources. NAPA:

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPag...10&Description=Heater+Blend+Door+Repair+Latch

Or Dorman Products:

https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-...=&start=&vfrom=&prev=&vnext=&category_list=:0

Either should do what you need. I actually have the Dorman door sitting on my shelf. It's a very nice looking part.

Check www.rockauto.com for the Dorman door. See if they will ship Down Under.

Thanks for the info. Ford here called it a blend door flap but I'd say it is just the blend door. From what I've already read on this forum about the ways to fix it, I think it is the same part. I'll have a look at the sites you mentioned. Any idea of what they are worth?
Thanks.

I just checked out those two sites. NAPA won't ship to Oz and Dorman won't unless I am a registered distributor. No luck I'm afraid, unless I buy it from NAPA and pay online but give a USA address. Then that person would just have to send it to me and I can pay them for the postage. Unless I can find a place that will ship to Melbourne, that is my only option at the moment. Baz.

They are about $10 to $15 (U.S.) depending on where you buy them. Did you try the Rock Auto website? They sell the Dorman unit. I would be surprised if they won't ship to you.

Rockauto do have it and will ship it to Oz but they want $55 to send me a part that costs $8.95, what a rip off. I have had other things sent in the past that were heavier and much cheaper to post. I'm not having much luck but I appreciate your help. Baz.

I don't know if you've ever tried this or not, I saw it a while back. You sign up with this site and they give you a US address, then they forward the package to you in Australia.
https://www.vpostasia.com/australia/index.html

There's also versions of this site for Japan, India and Singapore as well as others.

Thanks mate I'll have a look into it.

Let me know what you find out. Maybe I can help you out. I just need to know the shipping method you prefer to pay for.

G'day Bazwaa,
I'm also in Melbourne with the same problem !!!
Did you have any luck tracking a door down ???
I'm adding to my list of parts required and will order everything together...
Timing chain kits, rear wiper repair, fuel cap, rear lens etc, etc...
I'd be lost without this website !!!

I'm interested to know how you would fix the blend door problem ???
My arms aren't long enough to do it from the passenger side hahaha !!!
I've posted a question in another thread to see someone can offer a solution.

I'm surprised just how many aussies I'm bumping into on this site... all with the same problems but no local solutions...

Cheers, I see you round the site no doubt when the next prob arises...
;)

Back