• Register Today It's free!

Blower motor not workin

hondaslave1342

Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Sport Trac XLT
2005 sport trac with rattling timing chain.haha..well now my blower motor does not work in any setting.i have no owners manual so i cant find fuse or relay to check..please lead me into the right direction fellow members..thanks..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2005 sport trac with rattling timing chain.haha..well now my blower motor does not work in any setting.i have no owners manual so i cant find fuse or relay to check..please lead me into the right direction fellow members..thanks..

I've got a 2005 Sport Trac XLT, looking at my owners manual the blower fuse is located in the "Power distribution box" in the engine compartment.
fuse location #7 40 amp cartridge fuse type.
Hope that helps

P.S. also a relay "blower relay" same distribution box at location 55

Thanks.. I swapped out both and still no blow....it always worked until i locked my keys in the truck with the engine running and when i popped it open my luck the blower quit..what would be the next step to diagnosing this..its chilly ...me need me heat...thanks sport trac owners...

Also where is this blower located..under the hood or behind the glove box...thanks everyone

Mine is inside the engine compartment on the passenger side of the firewall. I think there are about 3 to 4 screws holding it in. Kind of a pain to get it out.
I pulled mine out most of the way to get all the mouse nesting material out of there. Some which was way down inside. The Hayes manual I am going by is for several Ford Explorers and Sport Trac. There is probably blower motor resistor assembly mounted on the blower motor housing or next to it. You could check if the blower is getting power or check to verify if something on the resister pack has opened up.

Thanks..most likely a mouse nest in mine also..it sat for a year and had one in the air cleaner box...thanks

Your welcome glad to help.

Back