Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Blower speed controller diagnose, pls help!

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by 770mark, July 18, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 770mark

770mark New Member

City, State:
      atlanta, ga
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      I've read a ton of posts, but none really covered what I'm finding.

It's a 2000 Explorer with climate control. The front fan does not blow at all. The rear does and works fine. The A/C cycles fine, but regardless of the control settings, no fan.

I removed the fan connecter and it shows 14.4 volts, so figured it was the fan motor. I plugged a new motor into the harness before installation just to be sure that was it and still no fan! I checked the new one and it works fine w straight battery voltage, but not when connected to the car's harness despite showing 14+ volts at the connector.

Does the controller adjust amperage vs voltage on this system? Any help you can offer on diagnosing this would be a big help...

THANKS!!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. budwich

budwich Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ont
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      96 XL
      In "actuality", it provides "varying paths to ground".... thru a "resistor bridge" (although maybe a bit more "solid state")... thus varying the current. Your problem appears to be the "classic speed control busted" problem.