Blueka's "Pickle" Registry.... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blueka's "Pickle" Registry....

Since 2005 when I bought "Betty", my UK Explorer, I've wanted a sport...

well, now that I live in Canada, the chance has presented itself for me to get one...

This one.... it's a 99 sport, 4.0 SOHC... it's a total write off for the moment... but when I saw the advert on Kijiji I couldn't say no. It needed some love and I wanted a project to get stuck into, so I did my research and found out how much parts are gonna cost me etc etc.

So. I present.. Pickle.. (cos it's green and in a right mess)

Si
Explorer vin x.jpg
Explorer vin E 2.jpg
Explorer vin E.jpg
Explorer vin E 1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Si
wow didn't the previous owners do oil changes, how much sludge? I know mine has only done 90K but inside it's spotless.
So what's the damage on the jack shaft?
Oh and when you rebuid use the Ford guides etc as the cheaper aftermarket kit is pants and as you know has caused my most recent probs

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I think the shaft will need to be replaced, it feels like the bearings are gone. it's also got the bolt stuck in the end of it! I priced up all the parts from Ford here in town and it came to nearly 4k! the same price as a completely new engine! So I'm gonna have to think about it...

Si

I think the shaft will need to be replaced, it feels like the bearings are gone. it's also got the bolt stuck in the end of it! I priced up all the parts from Ford here in town and it came to nearly 4k! the same price as a completely new engine! So I'm gonna have to think about it...

Si

You may find cheaper OEM part prices on rockauto or a similar site. I think its not worth spending that kind of money on that motor. If it needs that much work it may be best to yank a lower mileage motor from a scrap yard. You can get a newer one that didn't have the timing chain issues(02+?) and swap over all your parts and it will fit. Or you could get an older one that still had the weak timing tensioners and replace all of that while you have the motor out.

Four grand in parts is just nuts. You could get a Remanufactured long block for around $2400.
I see this place on e-bay all the time, Powertrain Products.

4_0_1_001.jpg
4 year 1 million mile warranty

SURPRISE!

Picture_034_Medium_.jpg

make shizzle you get a hold of me when your in winnipeg.
when i was walking out of work with this, this morning, one of pizza guys jokingly said "are your taking that go go wagon home one part at a time?" sad thing is he's not far from pizza truth! LOL

that's awesome! Made my day, thanks Tim!

Si
Posted via Mobile Device

Well unless you put the 4x4 stickers on, got the scratches on the drivers side fixed, replaced the fog lights (well the drivers side for sure), and damaged the drivers side front bumper, I would say thats not your Sport.

Nice thread Si
will watch your progress
good luck buddy

I am sure he will get back in the garage once he's is done being a wanker:p:

:rolleyes: Im sure he will sort it with you guys on his case :D

it was a belated april fool's joke. That sport lives on the next block and I've been drooling over it for the last 18 months.

Si
Posted via Mobile Device

it was a belated april fool's joke. That sport lives on the next block and I've been drooling over it for the last 18 months.
000Si
Posted via Mobile Device

if its over on the next block, you have every part you need then! :p:

are you both in winnipeg now, or is that next weekend?

We're leaving for Brandon in the morning, should be there tomorrow afternoon, Going to be in Winnipeg on Thursday as Sarah's sister's surgery is scheduled for then. But, I'll text you when I get there to let you know for sure.

Si

Well, we went to Winnipeg, I met Tim (vroomzoomboom) and got to see Evil in the metal... it looks awesome... got some parts to fix pickle...

Got back to where pickle is.. and found this...

25457_382628426572_646656572_430978.jpg

10042010317.jpg

10042010319.jpg

25457_382628431572_646656572_430978.jpg

10042010318.jpg

25457_382628436572_646656572_430978.jpg

25457_382628441572_646656572_430978.jpg

Some f***ers had used a neighbours garbage to smash the back window and tail lights. They also ransacked the inside. Police came and took photos... So now I've gotta buy even more parts... I'm really not happy right now

Si

That really blows Si. Criminals suck.

Back