Blueka's "Pickle" Registry.... | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blueka's "Pickle" Registry....

Since 2005 when I bought "Betty", my UK Explorer, I've wanted a sport...

well, now that I live in Canada, the chance has presented itself for me to get one...

This one.... it's a 99 sport, 4.0 SOHC... it's a total write off for the moment... but when I saw the advert on Kijiji I couldn't say no. It needed some love and I wanted a project to get stuck into, so I did my research and found out how much parts are gonna cost me etc etc.

So. I present.. Pickle.. (cos it's green and in a right mess)

Si
Explorer vin x.jpg
Explorer vin E 2.jpg
Explorer vin E.jpg
Explorer vin E 1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome, seen you FB post good to see ya got it in.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

yeah, only took 5 mins to do.. I've gotta change the latch at the bottom, cos the one in the rear hatch doesn't work, so it's not shut properly, I've got a good one sitting there waiting to go in, so I'll try to do it next week when I go back.... I just wanna get stuck into it big time so I can make some proper progress... it's driving me nuts not being able to work on it

Si

Si(r) I applaud you for your dedication to that truck. It's gonna be a beauty. :)

Good news!!!....The 3 little scrotes that smashed poor Pickle up were all found guilty in court, so they've all got to pay for the damage they did, which means I get $500 back.

So I'm happy!

Si

That's good to hear.....$500 towards the installation of the V8.....that's ALMOST a set of TMH's!

Ryan

Glad to see you actually lucked out with that whole situation.:thumbsup:
Interested to see how your v8 swap goes. Goodluck

Thanks guys, the money will cover the cost of the donor and fuel going to get it. I've found the rest of the parts that I need too at various places around Canada, just a case of getting them.

Si

Wow, glad that you were able to get compensated for the damages to Pickle...that's great!! Can't wait to see what's next:)

Hopefully, I'll have sold the transmission today aswell, so I'll have made $300 on this and Pickle will have then cost me nothing.... I'll also have enough to buy and collect the donor car and have some left over for other bits n bobs..... finally looks like I'm getting somewhere....

Si

That's awesome Si good to hear you're gettin compensated for the damages.

yeah and I sold the tranny for $400 tonight.. so I should be able to get that rollover once the courts pay up!.... :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Si

So I'm working out the costs of this little project....

Pickle $600
Delivery $100
Total $-700

Transmission sale $400
Compensation for damages $500
Total $+200

So right now, I've paid nothing for this project and have an extra $200.. any money I make on selling parts etc will be going back into the project. I'm hoping to end up with it costing me less than $700 once it's on the road.

Si

Well, I got my eliteness back (thanks Rob!!!) so I can finally update my registry!

I got some parts from Tim (vroomzoomboom) - Thanks!! and set about repairing some of the missing and broken parts that were on there from the vandalism and the previous owner....

Old broken tail lights
14102010362.jpg

14102010360.jpg

14102010359.jpg

Shiny new lights from Evil!
14102010364.jpg

14102010363.jpg

Old broken mirror
14102010358.jpg

New mirror
14102010367.jpg

14102010366.jpg

The issue I've got now is that the new mirror plug is small and only has 2 wires, the one I took out is somewhat larger and has 5 wires in it...
14102010368.jpg

14102010369.jpg

Also has a plug on the wires that go into the mirror housing, so I'm wondering if the mirrors should be heated? I'm going to pop the old glass off at the weekend on the other side to see.

I'm waiting on a hood this week to finally get it looking like a normal sport again.

Si

I thought you ment that there was more wires in the old mirror, not a different connector all together. If you want I'll cut it off the truck and mail it to you.

nope lol... it's ok, I wanna keep the wiring loom in the door and I'll just rewire the mirror housing... if they're heated, I wanna keep them that way, saves me scraping them in the winter!! haha

Si

Now this is a great thread. Pickle looks great from where she's come from. Sad to see those vandals destroying some pieces on your X. It irritates me when people vandilize someone's work or car. I don't know how vandals can sleep at night...

I'm subscribing for future updates.

Thanks, the good news is that they got caught... small town, people talk.... facebook got them all in trouble.. and I'm getting paid back for the damage too.

Can't wait till I get to start her up!

Si

Back