Bluetooth issues with Sync 3

BerndM

Reaction score
10 miles NE of Disneyland in Southern California
City, State
Placentia, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Explorer Platinum
Since my 17 Platinum continuously failed to update itself to the latest V3 Sync from the installed V2.3, I had the Ford dealer do it while I had the car serviced. Ever since then, I have been getting disconnects between my Samsung galaxy S7 and Sync 3. This happens all the time at totally random intervals. It will reconnect itself pretty quickly but darn is it annoying. I had NEVER had a single disconnect on V2.3, ever.
Has anyone else had issues like this??
I'm ready to go back to the dealer and have them redo the Sync 3 install, but I wanted to check here first.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My mother gets random disconnects as well on her Galaxy s8 with her fusion (sync 3). She gets very frustrated because it happens a lot on calls so when it disconnects, it switches to the phone and then reconnects a few seconds later missing about 10 seconds if the conversation.

I have issues with my s10, s8 and S7 with Sync 2 doing the same type of disconnects but happens when streaming music mostly. I can always tell because audio stops for 5 seconds, then disconnects, reconnects and FM is playing. One time it shut the radio off instead of reverting to FM.

PS, it is "sync", not "synch"

I used to have the S7 and it would disconnect at times. Also, when using WAZE, the map names were teeny tiny, almost unreadable.

Since my S7 was losing charge all the time, I upgraded to the Google Pixel 3XL. Difference of night & day. No more disconnects and the WAZE map images are much larger.

My wife has a 2017 Mustang GT which also continuously failed to update the older Sync 2.3 to Sync 3. We had the dealer do the update so last weekend we took a 200 mile drive in her Mustang and my Samsung Galaxy S7 NEVER disconnected a single time. It worked perfectly. This verifies that there is nothing wrong with my S7 but that the Sync 3 update done on my Explorer is faulty and needs to be redone. I will be taking it back on Wednesday for the redo.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I NEVER had a single issue with my Galaxy S7 when I had the older Sync v2.3 that came with my '17 Explorer Platinum.
When the dealer updated my v2.3 to v3 is when the issue started. He has redone it once more after that, so 2 full v3 updates..
My wife had the dealer update her '17 Mustang GT Sync v2.3 to v3 and my S7 works flawlessly in her car. This proves it is not my phone.
Nevertheless, I now have the S10 and still MY Sync v3 is still disconnecting while it works fine in her Mustang.
So back to the dealer once more next week and if they STILL can't make it work right, I will demand they replace the entire head unit.
Should be interesting.
Pretty sad for a $50K+ vehicle.

Back