• Register Today It's free!

body lift advice/help needed

Schobanger

Reaction score
City, State
Fargo, ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer Sport
so as i understand it, THIS body lift kit is the one i need for my explorer? i am not very experienced installing anything that has to do with my sploder. i do have some friends that would be able to help out though, one that has completed a body lift. how much time is needed to do the lift overall? how much modifications to the lift are needed to fit the explorer.? these are all general questions, and i thank you in advance for the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not trying to be a dick, but this is one of the most asked about topic on these forums. It's covered at least once a week. Please run a search on body lift and you'll find more info than you will know what to do with.

i understand what you are saying, and i dont take it offensively, its just the fact that people say "well this needs to be modified" ok how? in what way? pics? people dont use pics as needed. like i said im not very skilled with mechanincs yet or how to do a body lift so the modifying will make it just that much harder.

I hear ya. It might be a little different for me with the 4 door, but I didn't modify much. I had to get new bumper brackets so the bumpers sit higher and even with the raised body. I also had to shave down the steering extension a little bit to get it to fit, but it did. The rest was just lifting slow and checking brake lines and hoses and making sure everything had enough room to stretch.

One piece of advice - when you're done (if you do a 3'') check your AC high pressure line and make sure it's NOT pulled against the serp belt. I learned the hard way that if you don't notice this, the belt will eventually cut into the line and you'll need to replace that and recharge the system.

The hardest part is likely going to bee the rusted bolts, so make sure you get in there and soak everything good with PB blaster or Liquid Wrench a few weeks in advance.

Back