Body Lift and wheel spacers and rear struts help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Lift and wheel spacers and rear struts help

TDawgy

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Explorer Sport
I wanna put a 1" or 2" body lift into my 1993 explorer sport. I don't really know anything about this and I don't know what brand or kit I should get. I also want 1" wheel spaces and new rear struts. I don't really know a lot about any of these also. I just learn while I go. I don't know what wheel spacers I should get or rear struts. My rear struts are all rusted out. If someone could help me by telling me what brands are good, but don't cost too much. I like to take my explorer mudding and off-roading so they need to be durable also.

Some people hate on the wheel spacers. but my truck is more stable with them, and the tires don't rub on the sway bar. Just about any 2" BL kit will do. Amazon has them for like $150 last I looked.

as for the rear shocks. just about any will be better than blown ones, at least for a while. i bought a pair of the Trailmaster from Autozone. they suck out of the box. the procomps ride nice. and the same price as the other brands. get those.

A search would have yielded hundreds of hits. nearly all with relevant info.

Back