• Register Today It's free!

Body lift bolts sucks.

stroher89

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 96 4X4 XLT
the 3th body mount and the 5th was a ***** to come out/cut off. On my explorer.have anyone had the same problems?

Maybe if we get our knowledge and put something together so will help people out on there projects.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there are a lot of threads on how to do body lift on this site. the knowledge is out there you just have to look for it before you do it.

body bolts on any truck are pita's that goes with out saying.

always spray PB blaster on them a week in advance, everyday till you are ready to do the job.

I reckon I am first. when you buy a body lift kit online,check it make sure that they are giving 1/2 wide -8 Hex screw cap 6 1/2 inches long 19mm 8.8
1/2 wide -2 Hex screw cap 8 inch long 19mm 8.8
1/2 wide -10 thread locker nut
10 pucks 2 inch /3 inch its gonna involve more items(hardware,beer,headache)

tools: impact wrench 18v and up/or aired ,pb blaster ,breaker bar ,reciprocating saw.
I have done it by myself but if you have a friend or enemy that's willing to give you a hand,take it you will need it. no bullshit

ps: the bolts are old and it will be a pain in butt. if dont you are lucky son of gun! i hope this helps

there are a lot of threads on how to do body lift on this site. the knowledge is out there you just have to look for it before you do it.

body bolts on any truck are pita's that goes with out saying.

always spray PB blaster on them a week in advance, everyday till you are ready to do the job.

theory is easier than do it. the reason i have started this thread is bc i wanna help people get it done faster and with less headache than me.

I'm confused. Are you having trouble getting the old ones out, or telling us the ones in the kit are not the right size? :confused:

I'm confused. Are you having trouble getting the old ones out, or telling us the ones in the kit are not the right size? :confused:

both of which I'm pretty sure are already stated in numerous threads.

I had no trouble getting the old ones out (air tools!) but putting the new ones in was a PITA...

Si

Both it was a problem to make them to come out( due to rust,age and bolts poor quality). Kit came with wrong bolt length missing rear end!

in some kits ( if you read the paper work ) it states that you reuse two of the orginal body bolts from the front to replace the rear body bolts.

so they may not have shorted you body bolts.

now I used a kit off a 1997 f-150 that I picked up off a friend and I had to use two body bolts from the front of the explorer.

my body lift kit originally came from summit racing.com

my body lift kit originally came from summit racing.com

Off topic, but you passed me last week. I was coming down 611 and you went past going up Fitzwatertown towards Moreland. I almost followed you to say hi but I didn't wanna be a creeper - haha.

Off topic, but you passed me last week. I was coming down 611 and you went past going up Fitzwatertown towards Moreland. I almost followed you to say hi but I didn't wanna be a creeper - haha.

Dude!

anytime you see me and I'm out and about, stop and say hi man!

I'll stop and say hi! I really don't see most people on the road. too busy making sure the morons around aren't trying to do something stupid. ( I've totaled my truck three times now, if I wasn't paying attention)

Back