Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Boost with SOHC 4.0 and tranny take?Gauge ? too

Discussion in 'Modified Explorations!!' started by Magicfan25, October 15, 2001.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Magicfan25

Magicfan25 Active Member

City, State:
    Central FL and WPB Florida
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    98 Sport SOHC
    I'm seriously about to put an M90 on my 98 4.0 SOHC V6 Explorer Sport (the deal on my 2000 Lightning fell through). I wondered if anyone new how it would react to boost and how much it might take without changing pistons and other internals. I'll change fuel pump and injectors if need be. Also, does anybody know who makes good A pillar gauges? Gonna need Boost, Air/Fuel and probably one more. TIA

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. blk mk8

blk mk8 Active Member

City, State:
    brother
    Troll's
    you should not have any problems if you just stick with between 5 and 8 pounds of boost with a good tuned chip and the right fuel pump and injector setup. the trans you should either get a good trans cooler and a shift kit or get a chip to make it shift harder. it will not last for ever but it will last longer.

4. SSR

SSR New Member

City, State:
    Chicago Ridge, IL
    94 XLT
    How are you going to make the M90 fit on the 4.0?

5. RFR2212

RFR2212 Typing Police Elite Explorer

City, State:
    In the mug by Chitown
    95 JEEP Wrangler
    SSR Search this, cause recently, there's been alot of talk between a few bulitin boards about the custom Eaton setups.
    Pete

6. Magicfan25

Magicfan25 Active Member

City, State:
    Central FL and WPB Florida
    98 Sport SOHC
    I know a guy whos best friend runs a performace shop with full machine shop. Pretty sure they can make a custom intake plenum. What other boards has it been talked about on? I know about the Ranger guy that did it