bose? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jtorsey91

Reaction score
City, State
Campton, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC
i would love to put some bose speakers in my explorer. but can you buy bose that are in different sizes for vehicles? also, what are the sizes for all of the speakers in a 1998 xlt? thanks all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Factory speakers are 5x7/6x8. You can buy or make adapters to use 6-1/2 round speakers. It's the depth you have to be concerned with.

Just put 6.5" round Polk's in my Exploder...used some 3/8" plywood to make an adapter, pretty straight forward.

I wouldn't waste my money on anything Bose.

i don't think its a waste of money if your looking for sound quality. and im not the person to throw some subs and an amp in the back.

They're referred to as "Blose" for a reason, but it's your truck, do whatever makes you happy. Just saying if I had to put Blose in, I'd rather listen to the rubber on the road. I had a Blose system in my C6 and it was the pits.

its all based on personal opinion.

Correct...and my personal opinion is that Blose is probably the worst as far as sound is concerned but they have a really good marketing department. Like I said...your truck, do what you'd like.

so let me get this straight. you think that they are as well known and overratted because of they're marketing department. i know that when i listen to bose the sound quality is better than anything else i have ever heard. even my mom has it in her 2003 envoy and she listens to music louder than i do and hers are still amazing sounding and havn't blown at all.

Its all a matter of opinion... but if I had the money for them id rather do a mod that makes sence but that's just me

so let me get this straight. you think that they are as well known and overratted because of they're marketing department. i know that when i listen to bose the sound quality is better than anything else i have ever heard. even my mom has it in her 2003 envoy and she listens to music louder than i do and hers are still amazing sounding and havn't blown at all.

Yes, I do, and so do many many others.

Look...don't take it personal, ok? I think Blose sucks and I would never, ever, intentionally put a Blose component (speaker/amp) in anything I ever owned. If it came in any vehicle I purchased it would be the first thing I would look at removing/upgrading.

That being said, if you like the Blose system, by all means, spend your money on it and install it and enjoy every minute of it!

But please, understand, the best part of Blose is their marketing department, hands down.

/done :salute:

Back