Boston Acoustics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ThatExplorerDude

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995&1997 explorer xlt
My neighbour has 2 Boston acoustics 12" subs and a Boston Acoustics amplifier. He says he paid $1500 for the set and comes with a prefab box. He is offering it to me for $150.00 Do you think this is a good price for this setup?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

$150's a good deal so long as it all works still and hasn't been abused.

$150's a good deal so long as it all works still and hasn't been abused.

Not abused.. I've seen them. Smudge on one of the rubbers on the 12's other than that no damage that I can see :)

Hard to detect abused speakers by appearance. Listen to them first if possible, you can't visually see blown voice coils, etc.

Hard to detect abused speakers by appearance. Listen to them first if possible, you can't visually see blown voice coils, etc.

I heard them before he took them out of his truck, they sounded clear and crisp to me.. however thay have been sitting in storage for 4 ish months... I will see if I can get a listen from them before purchasing.. Im sure the Guy will oblige.. I know and work with him all the time.

If the subs turn out to be well abused or blown, could you sell the amp itself for $150, if you wanted, so you would not be out any money?

If the subs turn out to be well abused or blown, could you sell the amp itself for $150, if you wanted, so you would not be out any money?

He said he purchased the amplifier for around $500.00 so Im sure I wouldn't have any issues trying to get $150.00 for it... They have good ratings for SQL and seem to hold value really well... so worst case scenario... sell the amp and box for $150.00

I have plenty of time to decide.. he is not in a hurry to get rid of it.. and its not advertised for sale so its not like I have to buy now :)

Back