Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Bought an Explorer at an Auction! EEK!

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by FirefighterJose, September 4, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Number4

Number4 "I'm counting to 3, then I'm getting your dad." Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Woodstock, GA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    04 Ford Explorer 4.6l
    Look for one here in ATL. Not that far away and almost all of them have sunroofs. They also don't go for much here, even though they are clean.

I'd also look for a Limited over an Eddie, though the Eddie may be easier to find. Also, as long as you get a sunroof, a wrecking yard can add all the other goodies. Another option is a Mountaineer Premier.

My requirements:
    Sunroof
    17" tires
    V8
    Tow package

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Tankentaisha

Tankentaisha Member

City, State:
    Alaska
    2002 Explorer XLT
    Why the Limited over the Eddie Bauer?

I'm considering selling the one I have now too and have been weighing the options of buying another.

4. Number4

Number4 "I'm counting to 3, then I'm getting your dad." Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Woodstock, GA
    04 Ford Explorer 4.6l
    I like the trim on the Limited better, it's less 'grandpaish' looking. It's rarer and slightly more expensive at MSRP.

5. Tankentaisha

Tankentaisha Member

City, State:
    Alaska
    2002 Explorer XLT
    I'll pay attention to the series if I sell this one. I suppose the Limited would have more of the creature comforts too. I had to add the heated mirrors to my XLT.

6. Joe in NY

Joe in NY Active Member

City, State:
    Binghamton, NY
    2002 Eddie Bauer V8 4X4
    Eddie and Limited are both opted out. Sometime Eddie will have special options that a Limited will not have. But not the case for Explorers. My 2002 Eddie has every option. Fully loaded. NO difference between it and a Limited besides color...

7. Shadow 2011

Shadow 2011 New Member

City, State:
    Gouverneur , NY
    2005 sport trac
    Jumping in a little late on this discussion but I just joined. I haul a lot of vehicles into and out of those vehicle auctions and for most they are good vehicles with high miles that new car dealers get in trade and can't or don't want to take the time to recondition them with the high miles. Not enough profit in it ! Some are reposes with most being in good condition and some completely trashed because they know that some morning they are going to wake up and it will be gone. Plenty of times I was going to bid on some I hauled because I knew the history and condition. I have too many cars now (6) and only two of us drive. And I'm storing two plus a trailered for a customer. Good thing I have twenty acres