Brake light blinks on and off during Accelleration | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brake light blinks on and off during Accelleration

cbexplore

Reaction score
City, State
saint Louis Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT V6 4x4
My brake light blinks on and off real quick one time during acceleration when the truck has just been started??
I do have a sound coming from my drivers side. Sounds like a wheel bearing but I replaced that a yr. and a half ago?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hm, have you checked how much brake fluid you have? Maybe when accelerating it's sloshing the fluid back enough to cause the sensor to think it's low.

I thought about that but I just had it checked......ok I was in a hurry to leave town and
had a Jiffy Lube change my oil....shoot me NOW!.....they checked everything but I will re-check it tonight.

They do a quick inspect but its just another check box on the print out list. I would recheck everything if you want the truth including the oil :roll:

Thanks
You know that really makes more sense now that I think about it.
When it first started I couldnt tell what light it was on the dash blinking. I had never seen that light and it went away too fast but the longer it has progressed it started staying on longer and the more I was able to catch it was the brake warning. Understand it is on for like 1-3 secs. and only during the first acceleration after starting the truck.

Have your brakes checked and don't just add fluid. The light comes on for one reason, low fluid and that could be either a leak or the pads/rotors need to be changed.

Good call...I am actually replacing the drivers side wheel bearing tonight so I will get a good look at things and post back.

Have your brakes checked and don't just add fluid. The light comes on for one reason, low fluid and that could be either a leak or the pads/rotors need to be changed.

Extremely good point I forgot to mention:p:

Changed wheel bearing....Driver side was toast! havent had a chance to test if the light is still going on/off....but brakes looked good

Back