Brake pressure switch (cruise control deactivation switch) 2003 Explorer Sport XLT. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brake pressure switch (cruise control deactivation switch) 2003 Explorer Sport XLT.

doctorrazz

Reaction score
City, State
Pawleys Island SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 xlt
would like some advice and diagram on changing the brake sensor switch. My switch is working intermittently, on again off again. Should I just change it?? adjust it??

Please advise.

thanks

Razz

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

brake pressure switch

Is it the red switch device below the reservoir???

thanks I cut and pasted the photo into powerpoint and put a arrow in the photo, how do you attach it to the return post email....... it seems to want a URL .

please advise

Razz

I have been messing with the switch on the brake, but I cannot see the mechanics of any pressure switch. Please advise on the mechanism.

razz

'05 cruise control

Is the cruise deactivitation sw. now under the master cyl.?

brake pedal position sw

would U know if the adjustable pedal option I have on my '05 Limited Exp would have the cruise deactivation sw. at the brake pedal rather than under the hood?

thanks

these switches are prone to catching fire hense the recall on 2002 explorers i would replace it asap not worth finding out the hard way !

problem solved
guy who just installed remote start pulled out a wire at the BPPS (under the dash)
This directly affects cruise
dealer is fixing at his cost - wire was actually pulled out of the metal spade lug

if i pull out cruise control deactivation switch and not replace it as per the recall what consequences could it have

Back