BrianBuilt intake adapter with AEM Dryflow filter and Pre-filter
Dynomax cat back exhaust with
High flow cat
Spectre 3" Aluminum intake
BBK Throttle Body
5 speed manual trans With custom transmission mount
4.10 gears
Front D35 TTB, locked
Rear 8.8 with disc brakes, Powertrax No-slip locker, welded tubes to diff, Riddler Cover
Warn manual hubs
Manual BW1354 Transfer Case (swapped in)

Chassis & Suspension:
Skyjacker 2" coils and add a leafs
1" custom aluminum body lift
Quick disconnect front swaybar
Bilstein 5125s 10" shocks rear
Bilstein 5125s 10" shocks front
F250 Shock Tower Conversion
Custom Extended Radius Arms

Interior:
PRP daily driver seat
Cobra CB
E-track cargo tie down system
Lowrance HDS 5 Baja GPS for offroad explorations
Yaesu FT2800 HAM Radio

Wheels & Tires:
LT265/75R16 Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP tires (currently, Cooper STT and BFG MT in the past)
16" GenII teardrop wheels, formerly had 15" stock Gen II teardrop wheels

Misc:
Warn 9000lb multi mount winch with synthetic rope
Onboard Air using Viair 480c compressor and 2.5 gallon tank
Front diff guard from BrianBuilt
Rear u-bolt skid plates and raised shock mounts from BrianBuilt
Raised axle and t-case breathers
Custom Bolt-on Rock Sliders (version 2.0)
Custom Winch bumper
Custom rear bumper with tire carrier
9" Vision X ADV Cannons LED Lights (Old: 9" import LEDs and 7" HID Lights)
Reverse light
Pro-comp extended brake lines
9007 Headlight conversion
Fuel Pump Access Panel
Replacement Door Weatherstripping
Dual Batteries with auxillary fuse block
ARB Awning
ARB Fridge
Maxtrax Recovery Boards
Trasharoo Spare Tire Trash Bag

Project Super Stock

IMG_20170310_150924626_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170311_133734236.jpg

IMG_20200825_162657029.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Had a bit of fun this past weekend. Did a 160 mile off-road overnight trip in Southern NM. One of the trails had about 80 water crossings and I got my GoPro a little dirty :D Full video coming soon when Youtube decides to cooperate with me :dunno:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

..Go deeper Brian..Go Deeper...:D

When the water gets deeper in this canyon you can get in trouble! An hour long trip turns into an all day affair. Luckily it was in perfect condition this past weekend.

Here is the video, also posted in the trip forum

Looks like a good time Brian:chug: What kind of rig was following you?

Been a busy day today. I installed my freshly rebuilt leaf springs with new beefier 5/8" U-bolts and my new prototype u-bolt and shock skid plates made entirely from new steel, no more relying on sourcing stock u-bolt plates from the junkyard to modify.

I also passed emissions today and tracked down the source of a noise in the front end. Turns out the fun I had in Monticello Canyon shown above cost me a wheel bearing. This one was just a little rusty!

Attachments

• m_DSC05120.jpg
    m_DSC05120.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 555
  • m_DSC05116.jpg
    m_DSC05116.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 551
  • m_DSC05124.jpg
    m_DSC05124.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 6,694
  • 379219_567298606615512_799293489_n.jpg
    379219_567298606615512_799293489_n.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 571

Your u-bolt plates look nice. I thought I was running heavy bolts at 5/8"!

How did you rebuild your springs? Mine have sagged so much, I am going to replace them before the expedition.

Very nice work on the skid plates.

I'm glad you caught the wheel bearing before it turned into a real problem on the road.

How did you rebuild your springs? Mine have sagged so much, I am going to replace them before the expedition.

Oops! Typo. They are 5/8. I took them apart and cleaned each leaf, used a flap wheel on places that were rough and uneven, slightly rounded the edges on the ends, installed new teflon pads, new 3/8 center pins and a new clamp on the front and fresh paint. I also replaced the main eye bushing that I was too lazy to do when I changed the rest of the bushings a few years ago. I was happy with the lift so I didnt re-arch them or add any different leaves.

Very nice work on the skid plates.

I'm glad you caught the wheel bearing before it turned into a real problem on the road.
Thanks! Me too! Getting it ready for sevetal trips coming up like the Chile Challenge.

..Scott read my mind..:D

..But where did you find new Teflon pads?

..Scott read my mind..:D

..But where did you find new Teflon pads?

My local spring shop. They were 97¢ each. The pins are not as tall as the old ones though, hopefully they will stay in place. I would offer to bring you some to koh but I bought all they had which was just enough for both springs. I will do a writeup on what I did in the offroad suspension forum soon.

Those skid plates are nice. What are you going to do with the old ones?

Im going to keep them around for a while. I did make 1 extra set I will be selling soon but they are also made for the 5/8 ubolts.

Im going to keep them around for a while. I did make 1 extra set I will be selling soon but they are also made for the 5/8 ubolts.[/QUOTE]

Go ahead and send me a quote on them as well, my stockers are looking a little ragged. My truck is going to have a complete Brian1's Fab Shop suspension on it lol :thumbsup:

..:shifty_ey ..When are you going to share with us the new adventures with the SkyDome?..:popcorn:

..:shifty_ey ..When are you going to share with us the new adventures with the SkyDome?..:popcorn:

I expected that coment from someone and I was guessing you would be the first. :D

Its not mine, it was just shipped to my house so I could hand it off to my friend to use on his roadtrip. I didnt get the chance to check it out and set it up. When it is rolled up, it is one big tent to carry around because it has a built in mattress. Just look at the size of the box compared to my leaf springs and it is only a 2 person tent!

Love the stock but functional look. I have the 2 inch skyjacker lift and I want to move up to 32s. Are you running a body lift for the extra clearance?

Im going to keep them around for a while. I did make 1 extra set I will be selling soon but they are also made for the 5/8 ubolts.

I'll buy em for sure.

Thanks. Yes I have a custom 1" body lift but I probably dont need it. the body lift allows for extra room between my frame and body for mounting my rock sliders, air tank, aux. battery and just makes it easier to work on in general.

This past Friday I was running some last minute errands before leaving on a trip. A hour before I was planning to leave my clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor and has no resistance :eek: Luckily I wasnt in much traffic so I could get pulled over into a parking lot to find out what happened.

The clutch rod uses a plastic bushing to hold it onto the pedal. My bushing had worn all the way through and the small tabs had broken off allowing my clutch push rod to slip off the pedal. Since I was in a big hurry to get out of town at this point I called the Ford dealership and they had the part in stock so I drove over to pick it up. $10 later and my clutch pedal is good as new and feels much smoother now too! Below is the pictures of the worn out part and the new Ford Part bag with # on it (7526-A). You can see the hole where the wall of the bushing had worn completly away. Autozone also lists a clutch pedal repair kit with the bushing but it was a special order item according to their website.

Attachments

• clutch pedal bushing (2) (Small).JPG
    clutch pedal bushing (2) (Small).JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 475
  • clutch pedal bushing (3) (Small).JPG
    clutch pedal bushing (3) (Small).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 469

Back