BrianBuilt intake adapter with AEM Dryflow filter and Pre-filter
Dynomax cat back exhaust with
High flow cat
Spectre 3" Aluminum intake
BBK Throttle Body
5 speed manual trans With custom transmission mount
4.10 gears
Front D35 TTB, locked
Rear 8.8 with disc brakes, Powertrax No-slip locker, welded tubes to diff, Riddler Cover
Warn manual hubs
Manual BW1354 Transfer Case (swapped in)

Chassis & Suspension:
Skyjacker 2" coils and add a leafs
1" custom aluminum body lift
Quick disconnect front swaybar
Bilstein 5125s 10" shocks rear
Bilstein 5125s 10" shocks front
F250 Shock Tower Conversion
Custom Extended Radius Arms

Interior:
PRP daily driver seat
Cobra CB
E-track cargo tie down system
Lowrance HDS 5 Baja GPS for offroad explorations
Yaesu FT2800 HAM Radio

Wheels & Tires:
LT265/75R16 Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP tires (currently, Cooper STT and BFG MT in the past)
16" GenII teardrop wheels, formerly had 15" stock Gen II teardrop wheels

Misc:
Warn 9000lb multi mount winch with synthetic rope
Onboard Air using Viair 480c compressor and 2.5 gallon tank
Front diff guard from BrianBuilt
Rear u-bolt skid plates and raised shock mounts from BrianBuilt
Raised axle and t-case breathers
Custom Bolt-on Rock Sliders (version 2.0)
Custom Winch bumper
Custom rear bumper with tire carrier
9" Vision X ADV Cannons LED Lights (Old: 9" import LEDs and 7" HID Lights)
Reverse light
Pro-comp extended brake lines
9007 Headlight conversion
Fuel Pump Access Panel
Replacement Door Weatherstripping
Dual Batteries with auxillary fuse block
ARB Awning
ARB Fridge
Maxtrax Recovery Boards
Trasharoo Spare Tire Trash Bag

Project Super Stock

IMG_20170310_150924626_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170311_133734236.jpg

IMG_20200825_162657029.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

..I knew it would happen..:D

..:scratch:..any spycam pics of the tires?..:popcorn:

I got new 32x11.5R15 Cooper STTs mounted up for my recent trip to Colorado. Put a 1000 road and trail miles on them over the long weekend and so far so good!

Here is a spy pic for Ted that I can post -

Attachments

• DSC_0482 (Small).jpg
    DSC_0482 (Small).jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 597

..Really an Awesome picture...:biggthump

..But I was hoping you finally moved up to the "Big Boy" size..:p:

..I like that picture..:biggthump

..and being smarter has nothing to do with it..:scratch:..Come to think of it, in the last year or so you both have damaged your vehicles on trips I have been on and I had nothing to do with causing the damage..:p:

..Then again, tire size wouldn't have helped either..:D

..I'm thinking you will get about half the life out of those tires compared to the BFG A/T's but very interested on your findings and how they last for you..:popcorn:

Swap meet scores!

Just got back from a big car parts swap meet and I came home with some new Explorer parts :)

I picked up 2 brand new brake hoses for the rear disc calipers which will be my trail spares (probably just carry 1). I also got a brand new in box set of Lokar e-brake cables made for the Explorer p/n EC-81FU

Grand total spent $10!!

Now TBars just needs to finish his brake write up with pictures of how he installed his Lokar cables ;). I couldn't find anyone else that uses the Lokar cables except him and Scott B.

A few updates:

First here is a link to an article in Petersen's 4WOR magazine that I co-authored and shot photos for: http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/131-1306-how-to-buy-a-used-explorer/

The article had several photos of my Explorer along with others from the site, it was cool to see it in a magazine-

131-1306-01%2Bhow-to-buy-a-used-explorer%2Bfirst-and-second-generation-explorers

Keep an eye out for the March issue of Petersen's 4WOR hitting news stands around the end of December for some tire testing I did over the Labor Day run to Colorado.

I ordered a new tire cover at the off road expo back in October, my old one was pretty worn and didn't fit the new 32" very good. I got a Smittybuilt cover and it fits pretty good.

I have been fixing a lot of little things recently. First I modified my tire carrier to put less pressure on the sidewall of my spare tire. When I built it I had a 1" narrower tire. I slotted the 2 holes on the mill which moved the mounting plate out 1/2" (receiver hitch style spare mount) so now the sidewall just barely compress up against the tire carrier frame.

My window tint film was peeling back on the door just behind the drivers door. I spent a few hours on Black Friday at the U-pull junkyard getting a few things including a new window and wing window that had the factory privacy glass to swap in (that also matches the opposite door). They had a 25% off sale so I took advantage of it. I got the window swapped in and while I had the door apart I reinforced the interior door handle rod because it would bend. I just used a rod, zip ties and electrical tape. Not the prettiest but you cant see it anyway and it seems to be doing the trick.

I figured I would also do the opposite back door because it had the same problem with the rod. In doing that my arm rest finally broke (common problem, the plastic cracks) so I made a new arm rest that bolts on. Write-up on that coming.

Today I turned my attention back to my tire carrier bumper for a few tweaks. My hi-lift handle would always rub on my receiver hitch every time I opened it. I cut the mounts off and rewelded them 3/8" higher and now no more rub!

I also installed a LED license plate lamp I got from Ebay, I have gone all these years without one because I couldn't find one that fit where it needed to go until now. I wired it into the stock connector.

I still need to get my new parking brake cables installed.

Attachments

• slotting tire mount (2) (Small).JPG
    slotting tire mount (2) (Small).JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 511
  • LED License light (Small).JPG
    LED License light (Small).JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 530

..I must say, I like that picture of your Explorer more everytime I see it..:biggthump

I ran across that picture from Peterson's when researching my next project (which led me here with an Expo Sport). It's nice to have a glimpse into the person behind the article for once ;-)

Great Expo, lots of love and work has gone into your rig for sure.

Thanks 2TimingTom.

Took a little mid-week getaway trip to one of my favorite trails in Southern New Mexico today. I met my friend that was passing through to show him the trail.

Attachments

• m_DSC_1469.jpg
    m_DSC_1469.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 485

..Nice picture..:biggthump

Keep an eye out for the March issue of Petersen's 4WOR hitting news stands around the end of December for some tire testing I did over the Labor Day run to Colorado.

I just noticed the month you mentioned..Is this correct?

How do you like your tires?

Back