• Register Today It's free!

brighter headlights

stew17

Reaction score
City, State
Bel Air, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Eddie Bauer
I need brighter headlights, is HID the way to go? and what's a good online place to buy from? Will newer, brighter headlights add any strain to the battery?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why do you need brighter headlights? PNP HID kits are the opposite direction you want to go. Newer headlights won't add to battery strain.

Your better off adding a aux set of lights. Mount them to the bumper.

You can use the newer 9007 bulb and it will be brighter.search brighter headlights on a first gen.you can also get diamond cut clear housing and that will help.hid in a stock housing are illegal and blind everyone.

Listen to jd. 9007 bulbs. All you really have to do is cut 2 little tabs out of the headlight and move a few wires in the headlight bulb plugs.

The other thing to do is some minor wire work and use a relay to trip the low beams into remaining on when the high beams are in use. Did it on mine and can't complain. I believe there's a rite up on it around here somewhere.

9007's in diamond cuts is one of the better mods I've done to mine.

IMG_09601.jpg

Are your lenses all cloudy and yellow? you likely need new ones. I've polished them with limited success. They will turn cloudy again in 6 months.
I agree with the others about the diamond cut and 9007. Great mod. Plus, don't forget to properly aim the lights.
Aux lights on the and/or under the bumper are good to have too.

This is great, thanks for the info. Yes my lenses are cloudy and they did get cloudy again 6 months after polishing them. does anyone know where you can get diamond cut headlights for less then $280.00?

thanks

Back