broke mirror

GaSouthern1

Elite LS2 -
Reaction score
City, State
Duluth, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 GTO
I backed into a tree (sort of) i hit the mirror on it and the actual mirror part popped off and it wont go back in. Anyone ever had to put on a new mirror on their explorer?...how much $, how do i do it?, do i have to buy just the mirror part or the whole assembly (black plastic part and mirror)????

THanks Patrick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

try pep boys... they sell just the glass for them

If the housing isn't busted, then you can just get a replacement glass like "Mikke" said. If the glass didn't break, you can just silicone it back on. Scrape and clean the old spots off and reapply.

Is it power or manual?

it is power, that is why i havent just put new silicone on and all that, it had 4 plastic pegs comin out of the back of it..hhhmmm....i guess i will just have to go buy a new one at the ford dealership...

If it's the model without the puddle light (light on the underside of the mirror assembly), check out ebay.. lots of them pop up there, and you may even get lucky and find one with the light.

At the time mine got broken, it was a dealer only part...something to do with only them having the rights to make the puddle light one..

Ya think they'd sell the mirror and plastic piece!!

Good Luck

Johnny K

any of yall know how to take the old one off, i mean the plasic part and all.

Back