• Register Today It's free!

broken valvebody corner fix?

ivrb

Reaction score
City, State
southern cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xls
can a valve body corner be fixed with jb weld or any other way? like putting it together? took pics but don't know how to upload. corner of valvebody broke looks like nothing flows in the area.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

5r55e valve body

Without pix we do not have a clue what you are talking about. Somewhere in the instructions on this site are instructions on how to upload pix.

Is there a bolt going through the broken part or did it break through a bolt hole? If it doesn't seal up a hydraulic circuit, doesn't contribute to the clamping force exerted on the gasket/separator plate it might not be necessary. How the heck did you break a VB?

SOL. I would not use that and I would not attempt to repair it.

Sorry...

Is there a bolt going through the broken part or did it break through a bolt hole? If it doesn't seal up a hydraulic circuit, doesn't contribute to the clamping force exerted on the gasket/separator plate it might not be necessary. How the heck did you break a VB?
damaged by usps, that is the corner were the bolt that holds last solenoid and gasket

well thought I ask if its repairable, what is the worst case?

The aluminum can't be welded back so you're better off getting another valve body. Save the internal spools, springs, keepers, and solenoids. Give the aluminum into a scrap metal place. You might get a couple of dollars for it. Contact Donny from Central Valve Bodies, and mention this website to get a discount.

Back